Author Topic: TVM802A TVM802B Manual  (Read 4022 times)

Offline jjgTopic starter

TVM802A TVM802B Manual
« on: June 27, 2017, 07:50:28 pm »
Has anyone created a manual or documentation for this machine?

My machine came with 15 video's, but these leaves me with lots of question.

Some of my questions:

Q1) Sales person assured me that the Software works with Windows 10, but video "5.file edition _EN.wmv" has a message indicating only windows 7 is supported. Software version that came with machine is English802B-V2.31.  What version of their SW supports windows 10 reliabily?

Q2) In windows 10, the app "Camera" can use both camera reliably without issues.  Inserted and removed USB plug many times and "Camera" app recognizes camera flawlessly and video works everytime.  When I run the V2.31 SW, I need to quit and relaunch the application multiple times before the camera is recognized. Is there a procedure that allows the V2.31 or other version of the SW to launch reliably or do i need to live with this bug?

Q3) Load Tab - Height
         What are the units of measure MM, CM, Mils, ???
         What does 0 mean and what does 10 mean?
         I'm guessing that this is either component heigh or Z1 position of Nozzle. Is this correct?
         I'm guessing that a wong value with crash the nozzle into the board and damage something. Is this correct?

Q4) Load Tab - Vision
         None vs Quick vs Accurate
         What Correction is done for each?
         When should each be used?

Q5) Load Tab - Presure
          I'm guessing this is a puff of air when placing. Is my guess correct?
          When should this be used?

Q6) System Config - Left Stack - Feed
         What does the 4, 8 12, 16 mean?

Q7) System Config - Left Stack - PrickCorrect
         what does the default -0.01 -0.01 mean?

Q8) System Config - Nozzle - Down to PCB
         The default entry is -13.5
         Using manual control, when i lower Nozzle1 until it touches the PCB, i get a Z1 of -10.15
         Is the default setting incorrect?

Q9) System Config - Nozzle - Down to front
         What does this mean?

Q10)  System Config - Nozzle - Pick Delay(ms)
           what is this and when do i enter something other than 0

Q11)  System Config - Nozzle - Place Delay(ms)

Q12) System Config - Camera - Camera 1

Should the 0.0351 / 0.0351 Distance / Pixel ever be changed?
         Angle Offset -0.12, should this be ever changed?
        What does the delay after Angle offset mean?
        What does the 75.00 comp threshold mean?
        Should the Camera Position -41.05, 398.22 0.00 ever be changed?
        What does the X/Y Offset Threshold of 0.20 mean?
        What does the Angle Offset Threshold of 0.25 mean?

Q13) System Config - Camera - Camera 2

Distance / Pixel for this camera is 0.0159 / 0.0159.  Should this ever be changed?
        Nozzle1 offset of 22.75 / 48.70, should these ever be changed?
        What does Nozzle Threshold: 120.00 mean?

Q14) System Config - Other
         Left Prick 1.50 / -37.50,  What does this represent and when do i change?
          X/Y Axix Scale: 0.9968 / 0.9968, what does this represent and when do i change this?
         User Pressure Sensor - Are chips discarded based on pressure sensor or based on vision failing to see a chip?  When do i use this?

I will be experimenting, but would rather not break anything.  So any answers and insight is appreciated.

Regards,
John

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:56:40 pm by jjg »

Offline mgrossm1@yahoo.com

• Contributor
Re: TVM802A TVM802B Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:34 pm »
I just bought a TVM802B and have a lot of the same questions!

Experts, please help us newbies.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline Darius

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 01:24:34 pm »
I have TVM802 more than 3 years.
I tried to adjust many times and spend many time for this but TVM802 never worked as described or in the youtube video. I think manufacturer also don't have instruction how to adjust machine for real work.
In my opinion this machine suitable only for 1206 or largest packages, minimum pitch is 1.27.  Otherwise you must adjust placed components manually.

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 02:53:34 am »

Q4) Load Tab - Vision
         None vs Quick vs Accurate
         What Correction is done for each?
         When should each be used?
          "None" will not use vision at all, so you will get no correction but greatest speed
          "Quick" will do a lower quality vision inspection,  better for bigger parts with loose tolerances.
          "Accurate" will do a higher quality vision inspection, and is thus slower, but more accurate.  Use for fine pitch and smaller parts 

Q6) System Config - Left Stack - Feed
         What does the 4, 8 12, 16 mean?
           Likely means the mm of advance per piece on the tape.

Q7) System Config - Left Stack - PrickCorrect
         what does the default -0.01 -0.01 mean?   slight offset to get the needle in the hole

Q8) System Config - Nozzle - Down to PCB
         The default entry is -13.5
         Using manual control, when i lower Nozzle1 until it touches the PCB, i get a Z1 of -10.15
         Is the default setting incorrect?
          Probably referencing the bottom of the board,  assuming a standard .063 thick PCB.  It is normal to over-drive a bit and compress the nozzle on industrial machines. I wouldn't be concerned unless you see it causing issues or you run thicker than .063" boards.

Q10)  System Config - Nozzle - Pick Delay(ms)
           Should be the nozzle will dwell for a short time period when picking a part from the pocket
           Helps work out any shaking from the acceleration and deceleration of the head

Q11)  System Config - Nozzle - Place Delay(ms)
          Again, a dwell time when the nozzle is placing the part

Q12) System Config - Camera - Camera 1

Should the 0.0351 / 0.0351 Distance / Pixel ever be changed?       Only if you physically move and/or change the camera, or believe it is incorrect
         Angle Offset -0.12, should this be ever changed?                          Same
        What does the delay after Angle offset mean?                                not sure in this application
        What does the 75.00 comp threshold mean?                                  a percentage acceptance number.  Think of it like a tolerance,  higher is more accurate but also will reject more things
        Should the Camera Position -41.05, 398.22 0.00 ever be changed?  Only if you move the camera or believe it to be incorrect
        What does the X/Y Offset Threshold of 0.20 mean?                         tolerance slop,  probably .2mm but not 100% sure in this application.
        What does the Angle Offset Threshold of 0.25 mean?                      tolerance slop,  probably .25 degrees, but not 100% sure in this application

Q13) System Config - Camera - Camera 2

Distance / Pixel for this camera is 0.0159 / 0.0159.  Should this ever be changed?   same as above
        Nozzle1 offset of 22.75 / 48.70, should these ever be changed?                              same as above
        What does Nozzle Threshold: 120.00 mean?                                                          not sure in this application

Q14) System Config - Other
         Left Prick 1.50 / -37.50,  What does this represent and when do i change?  offsets of the tape advance needle.  Manual covers this.
          X/Y Axix Scale: 0.9968 / 0.9968, what does this represent and when do i change this?   change these if the X or Y axis move too far/too little.  I.E. 1mm move command doesn't equal 1mm actual movement

I will be experimenting, but would rather not break anything.  So any answers and insight is appreciated.

Regards,
John

Oddly enough, a manual WAS sent to me electronically when I ordered my machine last week.   It hasn't arrived here yet, so I can only answer a few questions based off experience using other machines.
I uploaded it for anybody who needs it.   
http://www.siegecraft.us/manuals/TVM802_Manual.pdf
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:55:18 am by HHaase »

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 02:33:27 am »
Ok, now that I have mine up and running I can answer a few more of these in depth.

Vision:  Quick vs Accurate.
Quick will look at the part once, determine what the offset,  and place it while applying that offset.
Accurate will look at the part,  determine the offset,  apply that offset over the camera, and see if it's within tolerance.   Then repeat until it is within tolerance.

Delay after angle offset:
When parts are rotated due to vision correction,  it will stop for a moment before performing the next step.  Helps work out any jitters.

Nozzle Down To Front:
I still have no idea what this means exactly.    At some position,  called "front",  it means that's the Z-height the nozzle will travel to.   But I haven't a clue where "Front" is.

Offline Darius

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 03:43:36 am »
"front"= IC(1...30) Stack.

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 05:02:51 am »
Oh, one more I forgot to add. 

User Pressure Sensor: 
There's two values for the pressure sensor (at least in mine),  one low and one high.
If the vacuum value is below the 'low',  it assumes there is no part on the nozzle and immediately tries to re-pick.  (potentially dropping a hanging part wherever that decision is made).
If the vacuum level is above the 'low',  but below the 'high',   then it assumes there IS a part on the nozzle re but it's a bad pick.  In this case it will drop the part into the discard location then re-pick.
If the vacuum level is above the 'high' level,  it assumes a good pick and proceeds to vision or placement, depending on your settings.

-Hans

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf