Author Topic: where to get or how to create rubber buttons?  (Read 22546 times)

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
Re: where to get or how to create rubber buttons?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 09:40:02 am »
Please post an example of something you have designed and had manufactured under this pricing model.

I won't bicker against your omniscience. If Ataradov or anyone else is really interested in producing cheap low-volumes, he'll give it a try.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 05:17:59 pm »
that go over microswitches
Which means that you don't actually design bucking part, all you are doing is covers, not buttons/switches. And that's much easier, of course.

And, I would argue is the best engineering decision for low volumes and small button counts.

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »
And, I would argue is the best engineering decision for low volumes and small button counts.
I'm not disagreeing. I was just surprised that plain gray rubber buttons without markings are not a standard orderable part.
Alex

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 05:46:20 pm »
I'm not disagreeing. I was just surprised that plain gray rubber buttons without markings are not a standard orderable part.

We're both on the same page on this.  :-+ I didn't mean to sound disagreeable.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of standard patterns available in the market as well, but this is usually because there accompanying plastic injection mold tooling that is so expensive that it makes no sense to not get a fully custom keypad solution at that point. So, an off the shelf keypad market really has not developed and what turnkey solutions are available are usually crazy expensive.

Offline tablatronix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 07:50:26 pm »
4x4 keypad grids with or without printing seems to be somewhat uniform but definetly not an overly standardiized format like the old telephone keypads had. Also those membrane keypads seems to be everywhere those ugly blue red ones.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf