Author Topic: Which is better ? Würth Or Eurocircuits  (Read 14707 times)

Offline IcarusTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Which is better ? Würth Or Eurocircuits
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:12:00 pm »
Which is better for PCB Fab. Würth Or Eurocircuits ?

Offline rea5245

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Which is better ? Würth Or Eurocircuits
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:32:07 pm »
I don't have personal experience with either. There are no reviews for Eurocircuits on PCBShopper yet, and Würth is not included on PCBShopper at all (I hadn't heard of them before now, but if people here think highly of them, perhaps I'll add them).

How did you narrow your choices down to these two companies?

- Bob Alexander
  PCBShopper.com

Offline Wilksey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »
Not used Wurth, Eurocircuits are OK, nothing special, only used for PCB Fab for work. both fairly large companies I would have thought they could send you some samples of their work, I had some PCB business cards from Eurocircuits at an electronics design show, they seem good quality (solder mask, silk).

Offline DutchGert

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 08:44:38 pm »
Eurocircuits is cheaper/faster and has a much better site (love the online DFM checks).

Wurth has a bit better capabilities and there boards look very slick (sharp silkscreen, beautyfull via's etc.) and they can do blind and burried via's much better.
Also, Wurth offers flex and flexrigid but Eurocircuits has IMS boards.

Offline IcarusTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:36 pm »
Just word of mouth, there is a ton of pcb fabs. I can't decide.
I've a 10 layer, controlled impedance, very dense board (min trace 4mil, min hole 10mil)
I prefer 3313MS FR408HR prepregs and cores.

Thank all of you
Which company do you(all of you) recomennd ? It's quite difficult to find impedance problems. So I would like trust them

Offline mk_

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 09:07:28 pm »
I've a 10 layer, controlled impedance, very dense board (min trace 4mil, min hole 10mil)

Thank all of you
Which company do you(all of you) recomennd ? It's quite difficult to find impedance problems. So I would like trust them

Ask Ätzwerk in München. No onlineregistration required, small quantities, online.calculation, helpfull people if something goes wrong, fast and prices are ok - at least for me. They sell you also stencils...

good luck

mk_

Online m98

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 09:27:17 pm »
Just use the one who makes the cheaper offer. They're both as good as it gets for standard stuff. But if you need HDI (which doesn't seem to be the case here), Würth is better.
Also take a look at http://www.fineline-global.com/ , they're a PCB-supplier who offers very good prices, fast prototyping service and do any technology you can even think of.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 11:18:28 am »
EC is good if you can use the pooling. If not than the price skyrockets.
I ordered from both, usually we order from them if the lead time has to be fast or prototype. With EC we had some issues, inner layer broken track, wrong setup of milling machine etc... Happens when you make 100+ diffent order. Most bad boards came from the German factory, not the Hungarian btw. I order from them without considering else.
Würth also makes top quality boards of course. I had a mail from them, that they are very sorry that an order will be 2-3 days late (!), but their factory burned down!!!
http://www.we-online.com/web/en/wuerth_elektronik/news_weg/news_archiv_2014_weg/news-detail-we-gruppe_67582.php
The PCBs arrived a day late, after they rushed a second production run in a different factory. That is the kind of professionalism, that you get in the EU.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 11:21:47 am »
Not used Wurth but occasionally use EC, mainly for 4L
If you're close to design limits IME Their online DRC can be over-picky, and sometimes even if it passes that, it gets bounced later on in the process.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline MrSlack

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 11:55:44 am »
Got a few Wurth dev boards off RS. They're quite nice. I'd be happy if my boards came out like that.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 04:26:40 am »
Wurths Boards are among the worlds best, without a doubt.  There is nothing left to chance there.  Its just amazing. and they have capabilities others just dream of...

It comes at a price to match.

On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 10:22:56 am »
Just sent an order with Wurth as they offer .125mm track/space at reasonable prices. Only took a brief look round their site & they seem to have the biggest range of options, and smallest feature size options I've seen from any online PCB service

Offline printedcircuit

• Contributor
  • !
  • the better PCB fab choice
    • pcbway
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
Which is better for PCB Fab. Würth Or Eurocircuits ?
i have heared about Eurocircuits but not Würth.
Eurocircuits should be larger and have better fabrication capacity. if you care about quality or you want to fab some high density boards. i would say Eurocircuits.
i guess you are a german. I know a german fab called PCB Pool. i red some comments that the quality of their board is pretty. could be a choice if you are willing to pay a bit more.
the key to make money from electronics is to control the prototyping budget. Choose PCBWay

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 07:48:06 pm »
Just sent an order with Wurth as they offer .125mm track/space at reasonable prices. Only took a brief look round their site & they seem to have the biggest range of options, and smallest feature size options I've seen from any online PCB service

Thats interesting, i might have to relook at their pricing, as last time they were very expensive.

Edit: just looked at the pricing and they have really moved quite significnatly since last year.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:56:20 pm by mrpackethead »
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline Supercharged

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 07:55:50 pm »
I've ordered from Würth before; the quality was superb and their support was fast and nice :-+. But if you're searching for a cheap solution i would suggest going for a Chinese manufacturer.
Science is about what is, engeneering is about what can be.
-Neil Armstrong

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 09:02:45 pm »

Thats interesting, i might have to relook at their pricing, as last time they were very expensive.

Edit: just looked at the pricing and they have really moved quite significnatly since last year.
As with all these services, there are some options that add large price jumps - it's always worth experimenting

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 09:04:47 pm »

Well, two Eurocard 4 layer for 3 days prototype is 500 EUR at Würth, and 450 at EC.
While for the same size, 50 pcs 8 layer boards for slow for the price it is 2400 at Würth and 1700 at EC. So Würth is still more expensive, for the typical stuff, Würt is still more expensive. That was my feeling last year also.
On the other hand you get a HDI Microvia prototype for 660 EUR, which is awesome price if you ask me.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »

Well, two Eurocard 4 layer for 3 days prototype is 500 EUR at Würth, and 450 at EC.
While for the same size, 50 pcs 8 layer boards for slow for the price it is 2400 at Würth and 1700 at EC. So Würth is still more expensive, for the typical stuff, Würt is still more expensive. That was my feeling last year also.
On the other hand you get a HDI Microvia prototype for 660 EUR, which is awesome price if you ask me.
PCBtrain in the UK have a fast service for 2L and 4L, e.g. two 4L Eurocards GBP200 in 2 days, but no soldermask or silkscreen

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 10:18:10 pm »
PCBtrain in the UK have a fast service for 2L and 4L, e.g. two 4L Eurocards GBP200 in 2 days, but no soldermask or silkscreen
No, that is needed. I keep the principle, where the prototype is an exact copy of the first production run, and it is assembled by a subcontractor, preferably the same as the production (that is usually very hard to achieve). To make sure PnP is OK, and all the little details are OK.
If it needs to be ready ASAP, I dont care about the price at all. Probably because someone else is paying for it, but more importantly, me doing nothing costs more to the company. Otherwise, if it is not rushed, prices become very reasonable above 7-10 WD.

Offline printedcircuit

• Contributor
  • !
  • the better PCB fab choice
    • pcbway
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 02:18:27 am »
well that design is on the edge of a medium tech fab capacity. you can request a quotation from pcbway. They offer a pretty decent quality board. if they can fab it, it could be a cheap choice. and do not trust their auto quote system as that thing is not quite accurate
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:20:37 am by printedcircuit »
the key to make money from electronics is to control the prototyping budget. Choose PCBWay

Offline rea5245

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 02:35:46 am »
you can request a quotation from www.pcbway.com/. ... do not trust their auto quote system as that thing is not quite accurate

PCBWay's quote form is accurate, but they only accept payment via PayPal and they charge a 6.5% PayPal fee. That might be why the quote form's price seems inaccurate. It's not so much inaccurate as <ahem> incomplete.

- Bob Alexander
  PCBShopper.com

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 09:56:40 am »
well that design is on the edge of a medium tech fab capacity. you can request a quotation from www.pcbway.com/. They offer a pretty decent quality board. if they can fab it, it could be a cheap choice. and do not trust their auto quote system as that thing is not quite accurate
5-6 WD build time and 3-7 shipping time? That is ages. Chinese manufacturers are not in the same league when it comes to prototypes. EC can build a PCB in 2 days and I get it next day.
You send the design 18:00, someone processes it india in the morning someone starts producing it.
In the meantime you order components from Farnell on day 2 evening.
You spend the third day ordering the assembly service.
You get the components on day 3, you get PCB on day 3. Both of them shipped out on day 3 to the assembly house.
Day 4 assembly is started, in the meantime you spend the day drinking coffee and posting on eevblog.
Day 5 you get the assembled prototype.
Whoever orders from EC or Würth, is not going to order prototype from China. Time is money.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 08:09:21 pm »
PCBWay's quote form is accurate, but they only accept payment via PayPal and they charge a 6.5% PayPal fee.

- Bob Alexander
  PCBShopper.com

If running a production quantity of boards (in our case 1000 x circuits) you can ask for the Paypal fee to be removed. 6.5% is a bit rich & PCBWAY are aware of this.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 08:12:19 pm »

You will pay a premium for these specs from any board manufacturer.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »

You will pay a premium for these specs from any board manufacturer.
True, but at small quantites you can also probably expect a much wider range of prices than for more "commodity" spec boards, as you're well out of the 'pooled' market.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf