Author Topic: Wholesale MicroSD needed  (Read 2201 times)

Offline tszabooTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Wholesale MicroSD needed
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:24:58 pm »
Hello,
For a project I need a large amount of microSD card. The size is 1+GB, irrelevant. I would need some 500 pieces. If the seller provides programming (and formatting) that would be excellent. No industrial or SCL or other craziness, also the price limit is around "the price on amazon" because my brilliant boss will just order from there, and then bunch of engineers have to spend days programming and opening (!) the damn thing.

Does anybody know who is a good European supplier for these requirements? Please no Aliexpress or Chinatek cards.
Thank you!

Offline krho

• Regular Contributor
Re: Wholesale MicroSD needed
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:03:07 pm »
Can't find the link for the flash memory but there is some German company that makes duplicators. Some of them are also available on amazon. AFAIR 1to16 costs approximately 400€...

Offline krho

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:21 pm »
Found it. http://www.memorymarket.com/bulk-wholesale.html

The project was cancelled so we didn't bought them so I cannot say anything for the quality and speed. But would be interested in your findings if you decide to follow through.

Offline tszabooTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 10:37:36 am »
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know a European supplier?

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:09:48 am »
I buy them in packs of 50 through local IT distribution channels in Australia.  I think it was via Ingram Micro, who are also in the EU.  The margins aren't very high, so there isn't a lot to save on 50.  You should be able to get slightly better pricing for 500, but that is still a reasonably low quantity.  I just googled the part number and contacted some of the sites stocking them.

I've stuck to Team Group cards as they seem to be less likely to be counterfeit compared to Sandisk or Kingston, although using a reliable distributor should reduce any risk of grey market parts.  I've used 2GB Class 4 or 6 in the past, and now use 8GB Class 10.  This is for custom dataloggers (msp430/STM32), and on some products running embedded Linux.

The one time I needed a quantity of 500 for a production run, I specified the brand and part number, and left the sourcing and duplication to the Chinese factory handling the production.  I saw they used a PC with a 32 port USB hub and 32 microSD to USB adapters, but not sure what software they used.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf