Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

ZB/HL Series and T962A+ Reflow Ovens

(1/9) > >>

iwbnwif:
Hi, this is my first post here...

I have recently got back into electronics after a 15-year gap.

I've designed my first SMT board and will shortly need to assemble it. There are a further 3 designs to come with progressively increasing component counts - up to ~100 components. I doubt I will ever make more than 3 of each board - so basically hobby work.

I'm pretty okay with hand placing as there's nothing smaller than 0804, but I might end up using PQFP type packages. Therefore, I think reflow is best / necessary.

I've read and watched a lot about the T962 and T962A. Maybe with the mods they are okay, but I am not that sure.

What I didn't see was any review or comments on the T962A+ - has it fixed any of the problems of the T962/A or is it just a bit bigger and more powerful?

What is more interesting to me is the ZB....HL series (ZB2015HL, ZB2520HL and ZB3530HL).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Authorized-Infrared-IC-Heater-Reflow-Solder-Oven-BGA-SMD-SMT-Rework-Station-Reflow-Wave-Oven/32830782709.html

From the pictures this looks like a better designed unit, but who knows what lays beneath. I cannot find any reviews of this oven at all, but I don't think it is a re-badged T962. The RS-232 interface is interesting, but the example pictures show Windows XP so difficult to know if the software is even supported. It does imply the product has been around for a while, so it is rather surprising there are no obvious reviews.

I would very much appreciate any observations about this oven. Thanks!

Stavos122:
All of the software screenshots are in Chinese.  Description states its bilingual menu.  I would double check with the seller :-//   

Doctorandus_P:
Those IR ovens tend to heat the PCB not very uniformly.

A standard convection kitchen type oven distributes the heat more evenly, and is a lot cheaper too.
There are a bunch of after market / open source controllers available for programming heat profiles.

But for occasional soldering, a hand held hot air gun is also a good start.

AllSySt3msG0:
I am also in the market for a reflow oven and I'm having a hard time finding something for low volume prototyping that isn't in the multi $k range. Like you I came across one of those oven ZB2520HL and would love to hear from someone who acquired one. For me the big step up from the T962 is this "heating method:hot air circulation + Infrared radiation heating" which should really help with heat uniformity.

AllSySt3msG0:
A follow up on my previous post... I finally found a handful of reviews here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Authorized-Infrared-IC-Heater-Reflow-Solder-Oven-BGA-SMD-SMT-Rework-Station-Reflow-Wave-Oven/32830798619.html and they look positive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version