Author Topic: 2x Fluke 732A  (Read 1963 times)

Offline LapTop006Topic starter

• Supporter
2x Fluke 732A
« on: August 17, 2017, 02:52:26 pm »
Just feel like showing off some new acquisitions.

One is missing the battery unit (this was one of those eBay bids you don't really expect to win, and it tipped over Australia's 1k point where a heap of duties are due), so I ended up buying the second (I think this is also one of the ex-ADF units that all came on the market at once).

I plan to have a mate clone the metalwork for the battery unit, and the board's pretty trivial.

The 196 here probably hasn't seen a cal in over a decade, so this was more getting lucky when I turned one of the standards on that it started a touch low and came up as it heated up. The other one is far enough out it might end up as a parts unit.

The following users thanked this post: TiN, dr.diesel

Offline MisterDiodes

• Frequent Contributor
Re: 2x Fluke 732A
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 03:10:04 pm »
Some seller on eBay (with the coke can in the photo) was selling 732a battery packs and 732a's as separate pieces a while back.  I'm not sure how much a lone battery pack would sell for but you might check to see if it's still for sale.

Offline LapTop006Topic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:36:54 am »
I did look for 732 battery packs, but none were available a few weeks back.

Given how simple it is cloning seems pretty sensible.

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:35:30 am »

I plan to have a mate clone the metalwork for the battery unit, and the board's pretty trivial.

Well, if your mate is up to it, I could also use a battery box.

A year or so ago,  I laid out a PCB for the charger board but never finished it.   I stopped when I started looking at options for the lamp holder and got sidetracked and never finished it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf