Author Topic: AOIP PJN5208  (Read 4599 times)

Offline lionelkjhTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
AOIP PJN5208
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:53:39 am »
Hello; I have a calibrator, which I am in the process of restarting. The internal batteries to power it were dead. After replacing and charging, it starts but it shows me "empty memory". The batteries have not been charged for a very long time, which resulted in a loss of the 9 measurement planes written into the internal memory of the calibrator. I think that to re-register these erased plans, it is necessary to use software with RS232 port. So my question is: would anyone have this software (because the calibrator should be almost 30 years old!), And most importantly, how to connect it with the RS232 (because the connector does not match dutout to our current computers? Thank you so much for your help (attached photo)

• Frequent Contributor
Re: AOIP PJN5208
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:15:02 pm »
oups :-// :-// :-//

Offline footware

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 04:54:28 pm »
Hello!

I have the same device with his user manual in french. This manual content schematics and calibration process.
If this topic is always alive, I can scan this manual for the community.

For serial connect, you must have a version "D" of this device: other versions haven't this function.

The message "empty memory" give information that all recorded programs are erased but you can rewrite that without the serial connection.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:17:02 pm by footware »

The following users thanked this post: Starski

Offline dj831

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:20:07 pm »
Hi there, funny to see that this is a device that is found mainly in France  ;) For those who do not know AOIP, it was a famous French company 'owned' by employees themselves (a SCOP), hence the name AOIP, for Association des Ouvriers en Instruments de Précision. They were famous in telephony, and in resistor standards in 60's ('Pots AOIP' as we said). Unlike Adret, they still exist. That's all for the story  ^-^

I too have a PJN5208D - I'm in France too. Apart the rough design - an OKW box with a keypad on it, it is an excellent process calibrator. Everything in these devices can be replaced, unlike ASICs found in most devices. Apart the keyboard, of course.

To come back to the topic, you just need to replace batteries, since message 'Mémoire perdue' (lost memory) is related to user RAM, and this message is common to all these devices when power is lost (newer devices, like Calys-5 behave same way - apart that user RAM is stored in a DS1230).

IIRC, you don't need serial, since this memory is used to store your values and ramps. Calibration data is stored in an EEPROM. All values and ramps are entered thru keyboard (if it can be given the name of 'keyboard'). But il case you'd like to, serial comm. is performed from the 3.5mm jack, having just GND.TxD and RxD connected. If you haven't the option fitted, do it yourself, by soldering pads 2 & 3, and by adding an LT1080 and few components. Note: when you replace batteries, be careful if you solder tabs to your new batteries - not recommended since batteries may explode due to excessive heat applied with your soldering iron. And the 2+1 pins tabs used are quite uncommon ...

You can find attached document showing you schematics of digital board (I scanned a long ago the manual too if needed). Enjoy !

(Note : sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it may help others having that device too  :D)

Offline langlv

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 09:05:29 pm »
Hello,
I have also this AOIP PJN5208 with it's vintage leather-like case. Old but still reliable. Will be super happy to receive a copy (scan) of the user manual.
best

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 09:15:21 am »
Hello (a little late, for lack of time!); what I'm looking for is the software to reprogram the RAM because the measurement scales are erased; the batteries were old and totally empty ..... I have all the documentation and schemas of this calibrator, but I do not know if someone still owns the software. Can someone help me ?? :palm:

Offline Starski

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 07:19:18 pm »
Bonjour Footware.

Je viens de récupérer ce calibrateur dans la benne de ma société où j'ai fais une mission en intérim.
à Priori il serait en état de fonctionnement mais n'est plus calibré.

Cette documentation que vous proposez de numériser m'intéresse beaucoup ne serait-ce que pour savoir comment utiliser cet appareil.
Si vous êtes disposé à m'en faire une copie électronique, vous me ferez vraiment plaisir  :scared:

Vous pouvez entrer en contact avec moi par mail ou le faire ici sur le forum.
Merci par avance.

Offline footware

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 08:13:23 am »
Hello.
The user/service manual is now availlable.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf