Author Topic: Calibrate HP 6612C ?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline JohnPiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Calibrate HP 6612C ?
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:19:01 am »
I'm trying to calibrate my 6612C System Power Supply.

I'm being lazy and not connecting to the rear force/sense terminals -- just until I can prove to my self that I can calibrate, then I'll use those.

I can get into Cal mode (via the front panel, or GPIB) and calibrate the voltage and high current range. However when I enter the CAL:LEVEL P1 and then CAL:DATA data value, I get an OUT OF RANGE ERROR. The calibration setup shows to use a 400 ohm R in series with an ammeter -- so it seems that the precise value of the 400 ohm can't be that critical -- I get about 40 mA. No matter whether I enter the value as 0.040, or 40.0, I still get that error.

Any ideas/help ?

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
Re: Calibrate HP 6612C ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 03:57:56 am »
Sure, you need to read manual more carefully and use correct resistor.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline dacman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 04:30:04 am »
Carefully read Table B-1, and read what is inside the rectangle below Figure B-1 B.  For calibrating the low current range, it's supposed to be a 1.1 kOhm resistor.  The 400 Ohm is for verification.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:01:03 am »
My first attempt to calibrate my 6612C also failed.
But if I remember right, there was a mistake in one of the steps and one ENTER step was missing in the instructions. This becomes obvious, if you follow it. At the end it worked all out for me.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf