Author Topic: Calibrated DMM7510  (Read 2195 times)

Offline kj7eTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
Calibrated DMM7510
« on: May 26, 2018, 11:10:09 pm »
I was presented an offer I could not refuse and sent my DMM7510 to CalMachine at ENILABS for calibration (and I requested adjustment).  He had my 10v reference a few weeks back were it was adjusted to 10.0000017v.  My 34465A was calibrated by Keysight in Roseville last Dec, now everything agrees very well.  Something very satisfying about this.  Now I need more digits ...  :scared:

The Cal Cert was too big to upload, here is a Google Drive link;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13cKhjYruHux91m3_qTZ2RLhpINJhBPT-
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:36:13 am by kj7e »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline hwj-d

• Frequent Contributor
  • save the children - chase the cabal
Re: Calibrated DMM7510
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:57:34 am »
That's an interesting calibration protocol. Thank you for sharing.

Offline cellularmitosis

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:15:46 am »
Nice!   :-+

Doe this thread also serve as a subtle teaser for that aluminum box wrapped in black foam insulation with heater resistors strapped to it?  ;D
LTZs: KX FX MX CX PX Frank A9 QX

The following users thanked this post: Theboel, kj7e

Offline kj7eTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 03:21:34 am »
Oh yes, that  ;D.  Work in progress...

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 03:48:21 am »
Thank you for sending in your DMM7510!  It's always a great feeling when calibrations and measurements, across multiple instruments, agree.   :-+
All your volts are belong to me

Offline AG7CK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 04:33:50 am »
I would like to know what the columns Minimum, Maximum and Uncertainities mean (I guess the last one should read "Uncertainties").

I would normally think that Minimum and Maximum are data, but as they are symmetrical about "Nominal" for all rows, they must be calculated values. Calculated how and based on what?

The "Uncertainty" of 10 V DC Gain is listed as 0.54 mV (???) Looking at the specs of 5720A I find (if I am not mistaken) some 4 ppm of value + 3 microvolt or thereabout - i.e. some 43 microvolt. How is the 0.54 mV calculated / estimated and how does it relate to the specs of the calibrator / calibration equipment?

The following users thanked this post: TiN

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 12:03:56 pm »
I would like to know what the columns Minimum, Maximum and Uncertainities mean (I guess the last one should read "Uncertainties").

I would normally think that Minimum and Maximum are data, but as they are symmetrical about "Nominal" for all rows, they must be calculated values. Calculated how and based on what?

The "Uncertainty" of 10 V DC Gain is listed as 0.54 mV (???) Looking at the specs of 5720A I find (if I am not mistaken) some 4 ppm of value + 3 microvolt or thereabout - i.e. some 43 microvolt. How is the 0.54 mV calculated / estimated and how does it relate to the specs of the calibrator / calibration equipment?

It is a known issue(typo) on our scope of accreditation.  With that said... I cannot state a lower measurement uncertainty than what our scope states.  The actual uncertainty is significantly lower.
All your volts are belong to me

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf