Author Topic: Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard  (Read 294780 times)

Offline The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
Re: Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard
« Reply #675 on: October 18, 2017, 06:04:06 pm »
We welcome anyone to come to our facility and view our traceability documents and calibration procedures. Our products live up to all of our claims! And we have two separate calibration labs.

That is a nice offer but being thousands of miles away I'm not able to come, maybe you could just post some pics here?
Or a video tour on youtube?
That would be best and could potentially boost your sales.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #676 on: October 18, 2017, 06:07:12 pm »
Among our customers are two US Military defense contractors

That's just shocking!  :o
Best Regards, Chris

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
« Reply #677 on: October 18, 2017, 06:11:10 pm »
Yep, still runs on god juice.
I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #678 on: October 18, 2017, 06:25:08 pm »
We welcome anyone to come to our facility and view our traceability documents and calibration procedures. Our products live up to all of our claims! And we have two separate calibration labs.

That is a nice offer but being thousands of miles away I'm not able to come, maybe you could just post some pics here?
Or a video tour on youtube?
That would be best and could potentially boost your sales.

Fluke Calibration does not permit its certs to be duplicated. Posting one online would violate that. And, too many people get robbed posting video tours for burglars to view! In a sane world evidence is required to legitimately call a man a liar.

But apparently on eevblog lying is assumed up front. What I have heard about my unwarranted critics in this thread is very negative. I am a man of integrity. I resent very much being called a liar. I am no liar! I have the equipment, skill and experience to do the work I do.

I'm also educated in physics and chemistry, so I can apply those two areas to my designs as necessary. I politely ask that the members of eevblog show me the same respect they do to others.
Anything truly new begins as a thought.

Offline Echo88

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #679 on: October 18, 2017, 06:57:28 pm »
Maybe the defense contractors can protect you against those murder attempts you mentioned. And since youre educated in chemistry: maybe you can find out whats wrong with your brain chemistry.

Quote: "I am a very capable individual. I have 1.4 million readers in 155 nations! I must remain anonymous, because I've experienced 15 murder attempts in the last 3 years, all because of what I write."

The following users thanked this post: WattsThat

Offline saturnin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #680 on: October 18, 2017, 07:01:43 pm »
Among our customers are two US Military defense contractors, a University physics lab, and a calibration lab.
Now I am really scared!

Since this thread has never been about real metrology, why not to move it to "General Chat" or similar board?

The following users thanked this post: TiN

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #681 on: October 18, 2017, 08:36:45 pm »
Fluke Calibration does not permit its certs to be duplicated. Posting one online would violate that.

Please provide a link or similar documenting this policy of Fluke's as I can find no trace of this.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline itsbiodiversity

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #682 on: October 18, 2017, 09:07:37 pm »
Fluke Calibration does not permit its certs to be duplicated. Posting one online would violate that.

Please provide a link or similar documenting this policy of Fluke's as I can find no trace of this.

No calibration lab that is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 allows certificates to be reproduced "EXCEPT IN FULL" without approval.  He should be able to provide a full calibration report at his discretion.

Directly from ISO/IEC 17025 "It is recommended that laboratories include a statement specifying that the test report or calibration certificate
shall not be reproduced except in full, without written approval of the laboratory. "

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #683 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:14 pm »
No calibration lab that is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 allows certificates to be reproduced "EXCEPT IN FULL" without approval.  He should be able to provide a full calibration report at his discretion.

Directly from ISO/IEC 17025 "It is recommended that laboratories include a statement specifying that the test report or calibration certificate
shall not be reproduced except in full, without written approval of the laboratory. "

So the team of engineers involved at Calibratory labs (That would be Mr Awesome14 and Buddy Jesus at the least) must have something to hide?  :-DD

I refuse to believe that. An omniscient engineer, even Christ almighty, has nothing to hide.

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #684 on: October 19, 2017, 12:38:18 am »
The one I purchased a few years back, ended up in the trash.
All your volts are belong to me

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2017, 03:42:10 am »
Just an update: Long term testing indicates 15-month drift to be ~6ppm, and 30-month drift about ~9ppm.

Contrary to what one might imagine, many of my buyers mention this thread and the collection of critics who refuse to even test the device. Apparently the criticism is practically inert. It generates indignation in others, which makes them more prone to purchase from me.

So, thanks for all the free publicity!

I’m one of the critics early on in this thread.

I tell you what. If you send me one I’ll do a fair assessment of it and put it through the paces on a calibrated meter for 30-days. I’ll even send it back if you’d like.

I’ll be completely neutral in the review I give. You’ve literally got nothing to lose.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #686 on: October 19, 2017, 03:58:59 am »

There probably is no link. It just says on the paper, "Do Not Duplicate". Not everything is on the Internet. My word is good. Until you can prove otherwise, you don't need to question me. I speak the truth. Your skepticism is a reflection of yourself. Not everyone lies all the time. But it's obviously what you expect, because that's what you would do.

And, most calibration labs have the same policy. We do.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #687 on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:13 am »
Yep, still runs on god juice.

You don't even know when to be ashamed. Do you not realize that any decent person shuns those who mock the innocent. I don't want to tell you how I picture you look in real life. Learn a little manners. You'll get on better with the upright.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #688 on: October 19, 2017, 04:15:42 am »
Maybe the defense contractors can protect you against those murder attempts you mentioned. And since youre educated in chemistry: maybe you can find out whats wrong with your brain chemistry.

Quote: "I am a very capable individual. I have 1.4 million readers in 155 nations! I must remain anonymous, because I've experienced 15 murder attempts in the last 3 years, all because of what I write."
I have been nothing but honest with the members on this board. I have 1.5 million readers in 165 nations now.

The brain chemistry thing might be cute if we were in Junior High. But no one thinks you're cute. We're all embarrassed for you. Do you ever want to actually do anything constructive in life? I'm replying to your most insensitive remarks, because I don't think you know how truly unattractive you come across. You could at least try.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2017, 04:23:31 am »

So the team of engineers involved at Calibratory labs (That would be Mr Awesome14 and Buddy Jesus at the least) must have something to hide?  :-DD

I refuse to believe that. An omniscient engineer, even Christ almighty, has nothing to hide.
Your behavior is utterly shameful. But you don't know when to blush. I forgive you anyway. Just try to do better in the future.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2017, 04:29:56 am »

I don't want to reproduce the full document. Life is based on trust. People who find it difficult to trust do so because they are untrustworthy.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2017, 04:35:47 am »
Among our customers are two US Military defense contractors, a University physics lab, and a calibration lab.
Now I am really scared!

Since this thread has never been about real metrology, why not to move it to "General Chat" or similar board?
Why would you be afraid of that? I'm not trying to scare anyone. I merely want people to know that my product is trusted by those who have critical tasks to perform. And if they didn't find a problem, there probably isn't one to find.

Even though this thread is here, I still get plenty of buyers off eevblog. Now that's saying something!

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2017, 04:41:30 am »
The one I purchased a few years back, ended up in the trash.
You should have had it recal'ed. They don't go bad. I question why anyone on this board would toss one. It doesn't make any sense. I've always serviced all our products.

Offline hugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2017, 04:45:37 am »
"Even though this thread is here, I still get plenty of buyers off eevblog. Now that's saying something!"

It says that there's no such thing as bad publicity  ;)

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2017, 04:56:05 am »
Just an update: Long term testing indicates 15-month drift to be ~6ppm, and 30-month drift about ~9ppm.

Contrary to what one might imagine, many of my buyers mention this thread and the collection of critics who refuse to even test the device. Apparently the criticism is practically inert. It generates indignation in others, which makes them more prone to purchase from me.

So, thanks for all the free publicity!

I’m one of the critics early on in this thread.

I tell you what. If you send me one I’ll do a fair assessment of it and put it through the paces on a calibrated meter for 30-days. I’ll even send it back if you’d like.

I’ll be completely neutral in the review I give. You’ve literally got nothing to lose.
I really appreciate the offer. But the testing you want to do has already been done many times, by myself and by others. We do recal the units, so we get a pretty good idea of long-term drift.

Any reviewer that wants to be taken seriously cannot allow the manufacturer to know the review is being done. For one thing, the manufacturer might send a hand-picked specimen. For another, unless the reviewer's reputation is valuable it's easy to bribe him. You have nothing to lose if I offered you $500 to fudge the report. But if I have no knowledge the review is being conducted, then it must be an honest review.

So, no offense. It just wouldn't be credible if I sent you a standard to test.

Offline hugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2017, 05:16:51 am »
So any reviewer that wants to be taken seriously will have to buy it then :)

Offline zhtoor

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2017, 05:17:42 am »
May be Awesome14 should include my pictures in to his ebay listing.

So that we never forget the "awesome" workmanship, here are three more pictures that I took a while back,
when I first got his "standard".

hello everyone who derides his (awesome14's) construction techniques:-

what would you say about this *fellow*'s construction ?

regards.

Offline Echo88

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2017, 05:34:22 am »
@ zhtoor: The fellow you mentioned didnt sell his breadboard-stuff for 150 bucks while yelling bible-quotes. The references sold look like they were quality controlled by Bob Widlar with a hammer.

Offline Rbastler

• Frequent Contributor
  • Wörk Wörk
    • Rbastlers Blog
« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2017, 07:12:52 am »
May be Awesome14 should include my pictures in to his ebay listing.

So that we never forget the "awesome" workmanship, here are three more pictures that I took a while back,
when I first got his "standard".

hello everyone who derides his (awesome14's) construction techniques:-

what would you say about this *fellow*'s construction ?

regards.
Fine for a prototype, but not for a finished product.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

http://rbastlerblog.jimdo.com/
Gamma spectrometer works. Now some yellow crystals need regenerating and testing.

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2017, 10:25:07 am »
"Even though this thread is here, I still get plenty of buyers off eevblog. Now that's saying something!"

It says that there's no such thing as bad publicity  ;)

Consider the remote possibility that it maybe is a lie.
The same with the claims that god was co-designer. Or the customer list.

I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

The following users thanked this post: MadTux

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf