Author Topic: Datron 4910 on*Bay  (Read 15622 times)

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
Datron 4910 on*Bay
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:30:14 am »
If you have got some leftover cash
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381944320088

Out of my range  :(

/Bingo

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
Re: Datron 4910 on*Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 03:48:20 am »
I saw this!  He refused my offer of $2500 :(
All your volts are belong to me

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 10:53:08 pm »
Somebody bought it, hope by one here! 

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:41:53 am »
Somebody bought it, hope by one here!

:popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: dr.diesel

Offline Pipelie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »
I bought it in Dec-02-2016,  but I didn't receive it. :(
after wait for 8 business day since I pay for the unit, I contacted the seller to ask him when he can shipping the unit,
and I was told that there are key components missing, but the seller  refuse to provide more details about the missing components.
Jan-04-17 : the seller said they need about two weeks to remake the battery box.
Jan-20-17 : quote from  express_test  "The battery box is finished. Next, we need to manufacture a cable. Also, batteries need to be procured and wired."
Jan-20-17 : I asked the seller to ship the unit without battery, because I don't want to wait any longer. the seller agreed. but when I ask him to send some picture of the battery box before shipment, he didn't ripely my message :--, ,
I open a case via eBay  to ask refund in Jan-25-17.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:05:02 am by Pipelie »

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
  • xDevs.com
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 03:42:01 pm »
:(. If unit was listed as working "used" then you could apply for refund right when seller said it's broken. eBay usually have no problems with "not as described" cases and refunds the buyer.
xDevs.com YouTube | Have test gear documentation to share? Upload here! No size limits, firmware dumps and teardown photos welcome.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • GHz or bust
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 09:03:24 am »
And it has been listed yet again - unless they have several of them.
VE7FM

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 09:19:37 am »
And it has been listed yet again - unless they have several of them.

Nope.  They do not even have the unit.  I was the one who purchased it earlier this week.  I had a simple inquiry on when I could expect to receive the unit.  Right from the get go he said "the technician informed me that there is an extended lead time with this product, would you like to cancel?", which I thought was weird to ask immediately.  I asked him what kind of lead time, he said "the technician has to finish the battery box".  That was this morning(-5 GMT).  Few hours later I  see Pipelies' post in here about him being told the battery box was complete.  I called them out and he very quickly delved into name calling and slinging insults.  It was extremely unprofessional.  I might post the email conversation if enough people want to see it.

AllTest is shady.  This isn't the first time I've had issues with them... I should have known better.  They sell broken items, and list items for sale they don't even have.  They sold the company I work for a broken Guildline 6500 Teraohmmeter, as well quoting/billing us for a 50 GHz bridge that they didn't even have.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • GHz or bust
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 09:24:02 am »
Hopefully you haven't paid yet - either way be sure to leave negative feedback.
VE7FM

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 09:25:31 am »
I had already paid for it.  They did refund me the money however.  Regardless.... very shady business! 

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 05:30:43 pm »
You should point *Bay at them , and explain that it's the 2'nd time they list/sell the unit wo. delivering  :-- :--

Wonder why they list a unit they can't deliver  :palm:

/Bingo

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 08:49:11 pm »
Wuuuttt.

They relisted it  |O
http://www.ebay.de/itm/381949938218

That's one fishy seller  :palm:

Wonder if they keep relisting , until they meet a seller that doesn't ask "Advanced questions", and might utilize a return right

/Bingo

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 11:35:14 pm »
Not sure if they've changed their name, but it's now showing under express_test, and I don't see any method in eBay to ignore/hide specific sellers.    :rant:

Not sure what their game plan could be, if they really had the unit and it was almost fixed wouldn't one wait to relist until repairs are complete?  Perhaps they are hoping that some big company will buy it and just forget that it never showed up?

Either way it's too bad, would have loved to see someone here snag that.

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:13 am »
Wuuuttt.

They relisted it  |O
http://www.ebay.de/itm/381949938218

That's one fishy seller  :palm:

Wonder if they keep relisting , until they meet a seller that doesn't ask "Advanced questions", and might utilize a return right

/Bingo

I think this is exactly what they are doing.

AllTest is the name I have known them by for a few years.  I think Express_Test is just their ebay account.  You can click on the history of that account, too, and see what the name has been before.  In a lot of their other auctions, they have a business card in the picture.

I would like everyone who reads this thread to click on the ebay auction and report them item!  And then report the seller for shady business practices, if possible.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:14:49 am by CalMachine »

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 01:40:00 am »
I would like everyone who reads this thread to click on the ebay auction and report them item!  And then report the seller for shady business practices, if possible.

I've already done so, be interesting to see if eBay actually does anything about it.

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 01:54:55 am »

I've already done so, be interesting to see if eBay actually does anything about it.

With as much product as they have, and I would assume as much $$$ they generate for ebay, they will get a slap on the wrist.  Here's to hoping that's not the case!

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
  • xDevs.com
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 02:45:31 am »
My 3458B is from these suspects too. It was listed as 995$, but then parts started to be "missing, we don't know where they go"..
In the end unit was finally shipped, with 490$ discount. It took them long time to ship as well. In the end it all sorta worked out in my case, but it was shoddy deal, sure.
xDevs.com YouTube | Have test gear documentation to share? Upload here! No size limits, firmware dumps and teardown photos welcome.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 03:01:04 am »
My 3458B is from these suspects too. It was listed as 995$

Damm that's cheap for a new revision of the 3458A ... Where can i get one .....

Teardown time  :popcorn:  ;) ;)

/Bingo

The following users thanked this post: CalMachine

Online Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 03:20:25 am »
Hmm I just bought a clone cable for an 11713A from them - Well at least its only a $15 item...

I've noticed an increase in people saying "Fully Tested", "Guaranteed Working", etc when it clearly isn't - I think they're just working on the theory that some percentage of people won't know whether the gear is good or not. This doesn't seem a particularly good strategy when you're selling old test gear - I would sort of expect that most people who know what a HPxxxxA device is would also be able to check it against the performance tests in the HP manual (insert other equipment vendor here).

As for the Datron - This is the primary reason I don't buy anything from any vendor that says "Request a quote" - Now they may be on the up and up but to me what that text means is "We don't have the item in our possession so we're going to quote you some largish number and try to get the cheapest thing we can find on EBay to fulfil the order" - If I wanted to be involved in the test gear arbitrage market then I would get into this myself.

Give me a price and show me how many are in stock and I'll do the deal otherwise I'm going to stick to DoD auctions.

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
  • xDevs.com
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 06:09:04 am »

Yah, cheap... after spent another 2000$ to get it fixed and working..

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 07:23:08 am »

Yah, cheap... after spent another 2000$ to get it fixed and working..

Ahemm Ilya   8) ..... Did you miss you wrote 3458B
That's why i think it was cheap, and i wanted one of those new models.

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 08:16:44 am »
Looks like that 4910 that was relisted was removed as "the item was no longer available"

Offline BC758

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 09:08:57 am »
My name is Brian and I direct sales at ALLTES INSTRUMENTS.  I'd like to make clear the situation surrounding the Dayton 4910.

ALLTEST has over 50,000 complete units of test & measurement equipment on the shelf.  We are a world renown refurbisher of equipment with 10 full time military trained RF and optical technicians.  We have a NIST traceable calibration lab on site with two dedicated echicians that write their own automated procedures and perform manual adjustments to thousands of different types of units. Our sales network extends from Fortune 500 companies to hobbyists and local calibration labs like the folks on this thread.

Alltest is not a scrap recycler nor a broker.  We REFURBISH test & measurement equipment.  We do component level repair and the computer software engineering ourselves.  For those with technical knowhow on this thread it is sufficient to say that rebuilding precise legacy test & measurement equipment there can be extended delays.  Company policy is a lead time of 5 to 7 business days for general purpose, standard RF, and optical equipment. 

Considering our massive inventory and rush times during the year the lead time is extended for particular items from time to time.  The Dayton 4910 arrived at our facility missing components.  We weren't aware until we pulled the unit into our calibration line for testing.  As soon as we became aware we got the parts needed ordered up and broke out the schematics.  This particular repair needed machine work in our in house machine lab.  IMMEDIATELY (within 2 minutes) of the customer "Ryan" buying the unit from eBay a personal email was sent to him fully disclosing the potential extended delay.  Apparently he missed the email and subsequently sent harsh and threatening emails cursing out our staff.  The order was cancelled and refunded IMMEDIATELY.

The unit is still available for sale because we are continuing to rebuild the unit for the next customer who would like to buy.  I highly suggest that people don't listen to liable, especially when it is unfounded and ill informed.  I'm open for emails or phone calls with any questions or concerns.  I figured that I would educate anyone listening to half a story on this thread so that you could be fully informed.  You deserve the dignity of a full story.

Ps - the 3458 purchased from us was sold as a parts unit and was given to you at a GENEROUS discount. 
Pss - the directional bridge was rebuilt and ships Monday

Brian

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
    • ENILABS
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2017, 09:15:54 am »
My name is Brian and I direct sales at ALLTES INSTRUMENTS.  I'd like to make clear the situation surrounding the Dayton 4910.

ALLTEST has over 50,000 complete units of test & measurement equipment on the shelf.  We are a world renown refurbisher of equipment with 10 full time military trained RF and optical technicians.  We have a NIST traceable calibration lab on site with two dedicated echicians that write their own automated procedures and perform manual adjustments to thousands of different types of units. Our sales network extends from Fortune 500 companies to hobbyists and local calibration labs like the folks on this thread.

Alltest is not a scrap recycler nor a broker.  We REFURBISH test & measurement equipment.  We do component level repair and the computer software engineering ourselves.  For those with technical knowhow on this thread it is sufficient to say that rebuilding precise legacy test & measurement equipment there can be extended delays.  Company policy is a lead time of 5 to 7 business days for general purpose, standard RF, and optical equipment. 

Considering our massive inventory and rush times during the year the lead time is extended for particular items from time to time.  The Dayton 4910 arrived at our facility missing components.  We weren't aware until we pulled the unit into our calibration line for testing.  As soon as we became aware we got the parts needed ordered up and broke out the schematics.  This particular repair needed machine work in our in house machine lab.  IMMEDIATELY (within 2 minutes) of the customer "Ryan" buying the unit from eBay a personal email was sent to him fully disclosing the potential extended delay.  Apparently he missed the email and subsequently sent harsh and threatening emails cursing out our staff.  The order was cancelled and refunded IMMEDIATELY.

The unit is still available for sale because we are continuing to rebuild the unit for the next customer who would like to buy.  I highly suggest that people don't listen to liable, especially when it is unfounded and ill informed.  I'm open for emails or phone calls with any questions or concerns.  I figured that I would educate anyone listening to half a story on this thread so that you could be fully informed.  You deserve the dignity of a full story.

Ps - the 3458 purchased from us was sold as a parts unit and was given to you at a GENEROUS discount. 
Pss - the directional bridge was rebuilt and ships Monday

Brian

You ran pipelie around for nearly 2 months.  Then, fed the same story to me 1 week after he canceled.  My Boss, also tried to buy this unit back in October(ish).  You didn't have it then, either.

I bought it in Dec-02-2016,  but I didn't receive it. :(
after wait for 8 business day since I pay for the unit, I contacted the seller to ask him when he can shipping the unit,
and I was told that there are key components missing, but the seller  refuse to provide more details about the missing components.
Jan-04-17 : the seller said they need about two weeks to remake the battery box.
Jan-20-17 : quote from  express_test  "The battery box is finished. Next, we need to manufacture a cable. Also, batteries need to be procured and wired."
Jan-20-17 : I asked the seller to ship the unit without battery, because I don't want to wait any longer. the seller agreed. but when I ask him to send some picture of the battery box before shipment, he didn't ripely my message :--, ,
I open a case via eBay  to ask refund in Jan-25-17.

My emails were hardly threatening.  You are the one that stooped to personal attacks and acted like a child.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:33:57 am by CalMachine »

The following users thanked this post: bingo600, dr.diesel

Offline BC758

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2017, 10:28:43 am »
Pipe agreed to wait while we built the unit for him.  It took three weeks to get to the point where we got with him. We built the battery box with Dave Fitzgerald from Low Thermal.  Call Dave as a reference. The refund was mutually exclusive with Pipe.  Unfortunate but agreed upon.  These things happen in used equipment refurbishment.  I suggest if you can't play nice with equipment refurbishers that you buy from the OEM.  Oh wait... their lead time is 6+ weeks as a rule of thumb.

It's obvious you can't be educated on the process of running a multi national test & measurement firm.  Believe what you will.  In the end people understand how to compromise and work together to reach common goals. 

Cease and desist from further written libel.  We are litigious

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf