Author Topic: Datron 4950 Multifunction Transfer Standard  (Read 24103 times)

Offline CalMachineTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
Re: Datron 4950 Multifunction Transfer Standard
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 01:43:11 am »
Thanks for asking, Been a little busy this month.  The 4950 works great, except the ACV/ACI function, I don't have calibrator to calibrate  the AC function.  what calibrator you use to calibrate ACI and ACV? 4808?

I'm still have trouble to find  locate a source for fischer 105 connectors. I'm afraid I have to contact fischer to request for quote.

For any ACV I use the 4808/4920 and for the ACI I use the 4808/4920/shunts
All your volts are belong to me

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 02:03:24 am »
Kensington Electronics is an authorized distributor for Fischer Connectors. I have used them for Solartron 7081 connectors which are the S 104 style. It was easy to hit their minimum order requirements.

Offline Pipelie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 02:34:21 am »
Thanks for asking, Been a little busy this month.  The 4950 works great, except the ACV/ACI function, I don't have calibrator to calibrate  the AC function.  what calibrator you use to calibrate ACI and ACV? 4808?

I'm still have trouble to find  locate a source for fischer 105 connectors. I'm afraid I have to contact fischer to request for quote.

For any ACV I use the 4808/4920 and for the ACI I use the 4808/4920/shunts
Thanks, I'll take my 4950 and 4920 to my friend who have 4808 to calibrate next week.

Offline Pipelie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 06:54:02 am »
Kensington Electronics is an authorized distributor for Fischer Connectors. I have used them for Solartron 7081 connectors which are the S 104 style. It was easy to hit their minimum order requirements.
104 style is much easier to find, but not the high voltage 105 series.
I got one of these DATRON  CABLES last week. borrow it from my friend  :-DD

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2017, 01:33:58 am »
Thanks Manatee!  I'll check them out.

Offline Zermalmer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 02:15:26 pm »
Hello,
I saw this post before and today I remembered it...
Hope that an experienced MTS4950 users can help.

In the handbook wavetek specified the transfer stability only for 30 days.
Did someone know why the transfer stability period is not specified in combination with the MTS Control Software?
The values are ~5 times higher than the 30day period.

And related to this period thing... as mentioned above, the handbook only list the 30day period, but the brochure of the 4950
(you can find it here http://www.rdrelectronics.com/russ/nov12/hunt1.PDF , maybe it's an interesting add on for Tins doc server)
lists transfer stability for 30days AND for 90 days.

Does the missing period in handbook mean that I can't refere to it because it is only mentioned in the brochure and not valid anymore?

Thanks in advance for hints and tips

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 02:54:56 pm »
Hello,
I saw this post before and today I remembered it...
Hope that an experienced MTS4950 users can help.

In the handbook wavetek specified the transfer stability only for 30 days.
Did someone know why the transfer stability period is not specified in combination with the MTS Control Software?

It is.  The CAL_CAL specification is the combination of the Transfer stability spec and MTS_CAL software specs.

And related to this period thing... as mentioned above, the handbook only list the 30day period, but the brochure of the 4950 lists transfer stability for 30days AND for 90 days.
(you can find it here http://www.rdrelectronics.com/russ/nov12/hunt1.PDF , maybe it's an interesting add on for Tins doc server)

Does the missing period in handbook mean that I can't refere to it because it is only mentioned in the brochure and not valid anymore?

Thanks in advance for hints and tips

At quick glance, the CAL_CAL just seems to be the Transfer Stability Spec RSS'd with the MTS_CAL spec.  If you can determine what kind of algorithm Datron/Wavetek used to extend their 30 day specs to 90 days, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to apply those 90 day specs RSS'd with MTS_CAL specs to get a 90 day CAL_CAL spec.

The following users thanked this post: Zermalmer

Offline Zermalmer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 01:15:35 pm »
Thanks for the fast answer.
I totally overlook that the brochure and handbook gives also the specs for CAL_CAL and MTS_CAL.

Still very new to the chapter measurement uncertainty... have still to learn a lot of the details. ::)

So the combination and dependencies between all this specs is the key to get the right calculation.

ADD:I just see that the MTS Software also must have a own handbook (4950 handbook refers to it e.g. on page 7-1).
Is this somewhere available? I had a look to Tin's docs, but the disc images itself doesn't conatin this hanbook... they created them at a time where no one think about having them as ebook..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:05:12 pm by Zermalmer »

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2017, 02:40:56 pm »
Thanks for the fast answer.
I totally overlook that the brochure and handbook gives also the specs for CAL_CAL and MTS_CAL.

Still very new to the chapter measurement uncertainty... have still to learn a lot of the details. ::)

So the combination and dependencies between all this specs is the key to get the right calculation.

ADD:I just see that the MTS Software also must have a own handbook (4950 handbook refers to it e.g. on page 7-1).
Is this somewhere available? I had a look to Tin's docs, but the disc images itself doesn't conatin this hanbook... they created them at a time where no one think about having them as ebook..

I do believe our 4950 came with a MTS software manual.  It is entirely in German, however.  My sub-elementary German did me no good in trying to use it with the software. 

Offline Zermalmer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2017, 04:13:16 pm »
I do believe our 4950 came with a MTS software manual.  It is entirely in German, however.  My sub-elementary German did me no good in trying to use it with the software.
Oh... would be nice for me to see it/have it...
How much pages did the manual have? Same size as the normal user handbook or bigger?

To create a computer with older hardware with Win3.x is normally not a problem here, but having a spare IEEE card to experiment is more the problem.

With one eye I track the RPi project from Tin, but the NI adapter is not very cheap.

I also read about  usefull attempts to use Arduino board to be connected with IEEE...

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2017, 04:38:04 pm »
Same RPI works well with Agilent 82357B or <khm..> alternative knockoff cheaper pods.
I'd say that worthy investment if you plan to frequently use GPIB-interfaced instruments.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf