Author Topic: DSO waveform generator fn: output current  (Read 1131 times)

Offline raff5184Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
DSO waveform generator fn: output current
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:25:46 am »
Hi all,
I have a Keysight DSO X 3024A. It has a built in waveform generator. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find in the datasheet the output current when I apply the waveform to a load, supposed that the load is matched. I know that I can choose between a 50 \$\Omega\$ load or a 1M \$\Omega\$ one but nothing is said about the current.
How should I deal with this issue? The current is important because I have to be careful with the amount of power that I am injecting into the load

Thank you

Offline technogeeky

• Frequent Contributor
  • Older New "New Player" Player Playa'
Re: DSO waveform generator fn: output current
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 02:38:11 am »
Hi all,
I have a Keysight DSO X 3024A. It has a built in waveform generator. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find in the datasheet the output current when I apply the waveform to a load, supposed that the load is matched. I know that I can choose between a 50 \$\Omega\$ load or a 1M \$\Omega\$ one but nothing is said about the current.
How should I deal with this issue? The current is important because I have to be careful with the amount of power that I am injecting into the load

Thank you

I'm not sure why this is in metrology, but the datasheet for that oscilloscope says the actual output impedance is 50 ohm. All of the voltage ratings are listed for the High-Z (1M ohm) output, at 5Vpp. So at 50 ohm, the output voltages are 2.5Vpp.

I think this implies that maximum current is is 50 mA (2.5 Vpp / 50 ohm). Or 100 mA (5 Vpp / 50 ohm).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf