Author Topic: Fluke's First Voltage Reference IC - DH80417B - was a data sheet ever published?  (Read 1581 times)

Offline KJ-90Topic starter

• Contributor
I recently acquired a Fluke 8100A Nixie DMM that was in excellent physical condition for its age, and had the internal Ni-Cd battery pack option. The 8100A works perfectly ( no cal tests done yet though ), and I properly recycled the old leaking Ni-Cd cells, which I plan to replace ( and rebuild the pack ). However, I've found a voltage reference IC in the unit, called DH80417B. It's in a TO-39 metal can, and has a trademark on the top ( a right hand arrow point going through a lower case letter D ). In the Fluke 8100A schematic, and based upon it's position in the circuit, it's the DMM's voltage reference. I have read this IC was used in a number of other early Fluke multi meters and some early calibrators. However, I haven't been able to locate a data sheet for it. Was a data sheet ever published for this device? From what I know, data sheets were not published for the SZA263 and LTFLU devices, but what about this one?

Although the next point isn't a metrology topic, should the 8100A's tubular metallized foil capacitors made by TRW be replaced? We already know about replacing all the electrolytic capacitors, though. This 8100A has a lot of the Phillips "tropical fish" polyester capacitors, which don't need replacing from what I know.

Offline montemcguire

• Regular Contributor
Film capacitors don't wear out, they simply fail catastrophically, but only if the part was basically defective or applied improperly in the first place. Once infant failures have been weeded out, leave all working film capacitors in place.

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
That's obviously the same as in the later Fluke 332/335 calibrators.
See this teardown: http://eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-332baf-in-the-slaughterhouse/msg393627/#msg393627

I assume, it's from T.I.

Frank

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf