Author Topic: Guildline 9154D  (Read 1671 times)

Offline ElectroleTopic starter

• Contributor
Guildline 9154D
« on: July 22, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »
I have a Guildline Transvolt 9154D voltage reference which needs a replacement of the power supply batteries.
Following this, I'd like to do preventive maintenance of the electronics, such as replacing the rather old electrolytic capacitors, and to check if there are other potential issues.
Do any of you have experience with the Guildline 9154D, or do you perhaps know where to get schematics for it??
Documentation for this thing seems to be virtually non-existing...  :(

Offline Magnificent Bastard

• Regular Contributor
Re: Guildline 9154D
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 12:22:31 am »
I have a Guildline Transvolt 9154D voltage reference which needs a replacement of the power supply batteries.
Following this, I'd like to do preventive maintenance of the electronics, such as replacing the rather old electrolytic capacitors, and to check if there are other potential issues.
Do any of you have experience with the Guildline 9154D, or do you perhaps know where to get schematics for it??
Documentation for this thing seems to be virtually non-existing...  :(

Send an email to Guildline with a picture of your unit (showing the serial number)-- they may take pity on you and send you a PDF of the manual.

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
Re: Guildline 9154D
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:25:49 pm »
One of the problems with the 9154C like I have is that the foam used around the large Dewar flask disintegrates from age and you may have the innards rattling around loose inside and the Dewar flask might break from bumps when moved or used as a portable standard. The foam turns to a gooey mess and is hard to remove and replace.

Be very careful if you try to replace the foam because the cell leads are quite small, long, and easily damaged. Obviously you don't want to short the cells or put any load on them. If the 'D' model still has the mercury cell for the bridge circuit that should be removed and the mess it caused cleaned up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf