Author Topic: Quantum Electronics Corporation, Precision DC binary voltage source  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Haasje93Topic starter

• Contributor
Hi everyone!

A few years ago, i came across a divice on a Dutch electronics fleemarket. I bought it for a stunning €3.  :-DD
It is a Precision DC binary voltage source, from the manufacturer Quantum electronics corporation manufactured in the USA.
It has the serial number of 936, the inside and the outside have the matching numbers.

I have done a few times a search on the internet, but i came up empty. Maybe someone here on the forum knows a little bit more?
Attached are some pictures of it. As you can see they have used quality parts. I see also some parts of TEL Labs, is that Teledyne perhaps?

The batteries that where first in it where heavily oxidated, so i renew the whole battery assembly.

I have also done some measurements, but i post them later.

I hope someone has some info for me.

Kind regards,
Christiaan

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:30:51 am by Haasje93 »

The following users thanked this post: kj7e

Offline Haasje93Topic starter

• Contributor
Hi!

As promised, here are the measurements.
Not written in a neat excel font, but on old school paper.

I have perform the tests with a 34401A and a Keithley 199. These meters are well known amongst you.
The picture shows how the measurements were performed.

As you can see on the paper, in the low ranges there is overall a 0.040mV deviation. But if you look at the "0" range, you can see that there was -0.040mV measured.
So overall the readings seems right with that, that was selected.

Next to the binary ranges, i also measured the last 4 other ranges from the max 10000mV range.
Overall i am very satisfied with it.

I have compared the two meters, but you'll all know what they say about a man with two watches!  :-DD

I hope that someone perhaps have some schematics for me..

Kind regards,
Christiaan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf