Author Topic: Temperature stabilised enclosures Heating and or Cooling  (Read 18953 times)

Offline beanflyingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Temperature stabilised enclosures Heating and or Cooling
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2018, 07:09:56 am »
Re loading and thermal stability. Agreed a space with more mass is more stable. Had a customer who complained to a fridge mechanic about a fridge that never 'stayed cold" 300L of commercial fridge holding 30-50L opened 10 times plus an hour  :palm:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2018, 03:44:57 pm »
Thermal mass is good.  In cases where you have non-linear inputs (doors opening) a non-linearity in the control can help.  The heat of a phase change simulates an enormous thermal mass, and depending on the temperature you are aiming for is fairly easy to implement.  Water is great for temperatures below freezing.  There are waxes that can help at high temperature.

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2018, 01:13:30 am »
I recently (mostly)  finished adding external environmental sensor support to Lady Heather.   You can use the sensor as the primary "receiver" device or in conjunction with any of the "receivers" that Lady Heather supports (except currently the HP-5071A which uses the same plot queue entries as the environmental sensors).  Heather supports humidity, pressure, and two temperature values.

I am currently using a dogratian.com USB-PA sensor with temperature, humidity, and pressure.  I am also designing a Heather specific board (BME280, two thernistors, temperature controller interface, maybe a couple of ADC channels, etc).   Are there any recommendations for other off-the-shelf sensors worth looking at?  BTW,  you can poll data from the USB-PA anytime, but the readings only update every 5 seconds.

The main requirement is that the sensor should send data over a serial port or virtual serial port or maybe ethernet.   Ideally it would stream readings at 1 Hz, but a polled device (like the dogratian.com devices) can be accomodated.    Also, it would be very nice if the temperature sensors are small, responsive, and on leads that could be attached to whatever is being monitored.

Attached is a screen dump of the USB-PA running.   Can you spot the furnace cycling and sunrise?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf