Author Topic: Valhalla 2724A resistance standard manual  (Read 2062 times)

Offline jfphpTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Valhalla 2724A resistance standard manual
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:28:07 pm »
Hello,
Iam looking for the schematic diagram of the relay board located underneath the main PCB. I found nothing in the various manuals available on the net. I point out that my instrument SN 36-2199 has no Aromat relays on RLC, D... but reed relays AD1A05 from American Relays. Nothing in the Errata, update section of the manual. Thank you.

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Valhalla 2724A resistance standard manual
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:22:23 am »
I tore my house apart looking for the manual. Turns out I never bought it.  |O

I did the next best thing and took a few photos of my calibrator. I don't have a separate board under the main pcb. I also have the CPR option if that makes any difference.
The quality isn't the greatest but I can send better photos if you like.

My serial number isn't that far off but the year of manufacture is ~1983

The following users thanked this post: Muxr

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
Re: Valhalla 2724A resistance standard manual
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 07:32:40 am »
Wow, interesting device. I always assumed it would be something like Fluke 5450A (i.e. a bunch of relays and resistors), but here on the photo I've noticed a LM399, which seemed odd.

So I started reading the theory of operation from the manual and it is very interesting. It is just 6 reference resistors, the rest are analog control loops to draw current and provide the correct voltage drop - I guess not dissimilar to a DC load in the CR mode (chepos implement that in the microcontroller, some Agilent loads use analog multipliers).

I would never think that with such technique the specs can be so good - for 10K: 90 days 7ppm + 50 uOhm, 1.5 ppm tempco. Actually, not much worse than 5450A.

Thanks for the photos.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf