Author Topic: [bitcloud] - Cannot join a distributed network  (Read 2192 times)

Offline gouroufuiTopic starter

• Contributor
[bitcloud] - Cannot join a distributed network
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:48:45 pm »
Hi,

My router device cannot connect itself to a distributed network.
When I try, the ZDO_StartNetworkConf() callback returns with ZDO_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL_STATUS (0x09)

In BitCloud 4 stack (ZigBee 3.0), the code section where this error is generated is hidden in the stack library, so I don't have much insight as why this is occuring.

Could someone help me identify the possible causes of ZDO_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL_STATUS error ?

Thanks

• Contributor
Re: [bitcloud] - Cannot join a distributed network
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »
The sequence I see in my sniffer is:

-Permit Join set to 3 minutes by a router in distributed network
-Beacon Request sent by my device
-Beacon Response received by the other router in distributed network (Open)
-Association Request sent by my device
-Data Request sent by my device
-Association Response : Success sent back by the router in distributed network
-Transport key is sent to my device
-Then, nothing. I was expecting my device to send a Device Announcement message, but it didn't since I got the error described in my original post.

I do not have this behavior when associating on a centralized network.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:58:01 pm »
For this you will have to rely on the official support. I'm not familiar with BC4 at all, and I doubt any one else here knows anything about it as well.

If you can send some sniffer logs, I may be able to tell more, but don't expect a solution specific to BC4. I'll be able to tell what is wrong, but probably not how to fix it.

EDIT: Ok, with this description, it looks like there is something wrong with the Transport Key command. Compare its payload with the one that is sent in a centralized network.
Alex

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 06:00:44 pm »
Assuming BC4 is pretty close to BC3, what could generate the ZDO_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL_STATUS error?

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »
They are not very close. It is very hard to tell with security, I would have to actually see the logs and go through the code to trace what branches are taken on each step. But I ounly have access to a very outdated version of the source code.

Also, how do you enable distributed mode? In BC3 it was a stack build option, and public releases had it disabled.
Alex

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 06:22:37 pm »
The device in distributed network is a dongle that is used for zigbee pre-certification tests.
The dongle creates a distributed networks and opens it to other devices.

When I use the stack "out of the box", it may joins without issue using an xPlained board.

That means that the Transport key message sent by the router is correct.

But when I use my device with my customized application, it does not work, as describes above.
Obviously, there is something in my configuration that is incorrect that generates the ZDO_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL_STATUS error.

Find attached a log showing the issue, but I'm not sure if you will be able to see it decrypted

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 06:40:01 pm »
If you have not actually have distributed TC enabled in the stack (again, only possible at stack build time), then your Transport Key with extended source of FF:...:FF will be ignored. Distributed TC is a feature that has to be configured on all devices in the network.

You can try to set CS_APS_TRUST_CENTER_ADDRESS to 0xffffffffffffffff, but I doubt it will work.
Alex

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »
For a reason still unknown, the distributed network CAN be joined if BDB_TOUCHLINK_SUPPORT is defined to 1

But if it is set to 0, then I get the described error

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 03:46:11 pm »
Touch-link is a thing for lighting networks without the central hub, so it probably adds some limited support for this. I'm not sure if this support is full, and if device itself can now participate in the distribution of the keys. Some thing to test too.
Alex

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf