Author Topic: (jurassic) Hitex ICE for Motorola hc11  (Read 1931 times)

Offline legacyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
(jurassic) Hitex ICE for Motorola hc11
« on: September 21, 2018, 12:59:17 am »
anyone has ever used one?
if so, with which software?
and which was the experience?

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
Re: (jurassic) Hitex ICE for Motorola hc11
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:15:45 am »
We used a serial line, an oscilloscope a text lcd and some leds to debug. It was a Pita. I want to forget. And yes, we did program in assembly. I like the 68HC11 but 20 years later... I like old systems but it doesn't seem that much survived. You see what happens, things are bought, used or not, stored and if no one knows what it is it gets thrown away in some office cleaning action :(.
Good luck.
I gave up my efforts with a coldfire BDM (I know you are looking for CPU32 BDM). I couldn't get the processor out of reset, reading and writing registers was no problem... but for more the public docu was incomplete :(

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 03:43:22 am »
I haven't blocked anyone for sending me PMs. You may be confounding me with someone else.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:26:35 pm »
but for more the public docu was incomplete

judging by your silly reaction at blocking my PMs when I asked *IF* you have made any progress with the long to-do list you have written in public ... well, I frankly now believe you are not clever (I want to be polite).

What public to do list, please enlighten me as to what this is all about.

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 11:35:53 pm »
So, this project has been canceled. The hardware is ok, but it misses the software, the documentation is poor, and and I don't find collaborating/interested people.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:45:55 am »
It was one of my favorite processors a long time ago, in a line of 6+ over the many years. Unfortunately, I've tossed out / given away everything for it.
I would have had an emulator (often quite expensive back then), and likely a Motorola dev pack. I've had a quick look, and can't even find any "sample"
projects. I usually keep a few for historic reasons. Did you try Motorola legacy caches?
In cases where I've had to "dig up" an old project, on a long retired CPU, I've usually just started again with my "new" current favorite :-)
Just dig out the source code and re-adapt it. Good luck, it's a tough job.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 08:04:28 am »
So, this project has been canceled. The hardware is ok, but it misses the software, the documentation is poor, and and I don't find collaborating/interested people.

Then accept it and move on.

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 11:55:39 am »
Did you try Motorola legacy caches?

I have tried to contact seniors and retired guys at Motorola. But I got no luck, and from Freescale nobody knows anything. I have issued a couple of technical requests, both closed due to the lack of information. This also includes my requests for the documentation of the DI protocol, IDP timing documentation and other stuff that we have lost in time. Fortunately, I have recently met two senior engineers involved with Motorola for a third party business. One of them worked for Beckman on spectrometers, the second is still collaborating with Ford Racing. But they are with MC683xx, CPU32.

HC11 has no good luck.

I only know someone inside the MIT's campus, but she was my old teacher of computer science and she may times ago she was on the HB11 project, that is/was a sort of Arduino board made before Arduino was made. But she has never used an ICE. So ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf