Author Topic: Agilent 16900 Modular Logic Analyzer vs Agilent 16800 Portable Logic Analyzer  (Read 1819 times)

Offline NateDuongTopic starter

• Contributor
Dear everyone,

I am planning to buy a logic analyzer machine, I had some research between 2 of them, they kind of have the same functions, but 16900 is logic analyzer modules and 16800 is logic analyzer portable.

anyone has experiences or been used them before, please give me some suggestion, which one is better?

Thank you,
Regards,
Nate Duong.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
the 16800 comes with a fixed module installed. buy it and use it.

the 16900 is a modular machine that can hold 5 or six blades. mix and match. There are even pattern generators and oscilloscope blades. using the extenders you can have 10 or 12 blades and you can expand beyond that by synching multiple machines and linking them via lan.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline BloodyCactus

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kråketær
whatever you get, make sure you get the probes with it, or if no probes (on ebay, chances of probes coming with it are like 1%), make sure you get modules/blades with the 40pin connectors, they are reasonable cheap. the ones with 90 pin connector you will need to mortgage your house to buy the probes/connectors for.

so be sure to check what modules it comes with first incase it needs 90pin probe!
-- Aussie living in the USA --

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Why the Agilent? Tektronix also made some decent logic analysers (TLA700 series) for which the software also runs on a PC. That way you are not limited to the size of the screen on the logic analyser itself.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf