Author Topic: Anyone here with hands-on experience on MYIR Z-Turn board - boot problem  (Read 3213 times)

Offline KremmenTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Recently i bought a Z-turn board in order to do some SoC prototyping using the Zynq. The preloaded Linux works beautifully no issues there, but for some reason i cannot make a simple Hello World project boot from the SD card.
The setup is Z-turn + Vivado (tried all of 2014.x 2015.4, 2016.1). I tried to follow the project workflow outlined here:https://wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zturn-hackers:helloworld.
The build succeeds without problems and produces the BOOT.bin file. Copying the file to SD, no problems but the Z-turn board won't boot from the card whatever i do. Or, let's say that it looks like it doesn't boot because i don't get the "Hello, World" output it is supposed to send over the USB serial port.
I can connect to the virtual serial port from the PC and it works if i boot the preloaded Linux image. But not if i try to boot from the SD card.

One thing that is differently in my project compared to the workflow in the link is, that in the block design for the PS_7 the wiki project shows more peripherals in the graphic symbol without explicitly telling the reader to configure them into use. Specifically, there is I2C, USB_0, some timers and and Slave AXI-HP0 ports visible whereas when i instantiate the same IP, these do not appear without my explicitly configuring them on. Can this indicate that there is some configuration missing somewhere? (I have copied the board specs into place and the Z-turn is selectable when creating the project).

If i manually configure the IP to activate the same peripherals i then later can create all the needed projects in the SDK as well as specify the ps7_uart1 as the channel to write the string into. Despite this nothing is shown.

The boot source of the Z-turn is selected using jumpers JP1, JP2. The schematic says SD card is the source when JP1 is off, JP2 is on. No joy doing this, and neither have i had luck in any other combination either (except both on it boots from the flash).

So, the question really is, has anyone tried this or similar project with success and in that case, what might i be doing wrong?
Nothing sings like a kilovolt.
Dr W. Bishop

Offline FABT

I am having similar problems with this board, but I dont have any solution.
Did you solve your problem?

Offline darshanaj

Re: Anyone here with hands-on experience on MYIR Z-Turn board - boot problem
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 01:47:21 pm »
I could get my z turn board working with boot.bin. Do you want me to share my project files?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf