Author Topic: Anyone using Cypress PSOC's?  (Read 8981 times)

Offline iampoorTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Anyone using Cypress PSOC's?
« on: October 08, 2016, 03:38:10 am »
Is anyone using Cypress PSOC's in any interesting projects?
I am a beginner, and received the CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP a few weeks ago. These chips are really cool, and the documentation is awesome (I tried starting out with PIC's and got lost in the mirad of documentation and incomplete information). Only major con's I can see right now are the low end options are pretty lacking, and the chips are pretty pricey.

I havent seen PSOC's in any equipment I have ever opened. I wonder what the main market for them is. Automotive and Defense?

Would love to see any cool projects you have done with PSOC's  8)

Offline asgard20032

• Regular Contributor
Re: Anyone using Cypress PSOC's?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:15:48 am »
Search for VGA psoc. Someone here did really great thing...

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 07:02:22 am »
I saw a cypress psoc chip, in a macbook pro some years ago : it lights up the front led slowly when the mac is sleeping ...

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:04:10 am »
Search for VGA psoc. Someone here did really great thing...

Super rad.  :-+

I saw a cypress psoc chip, in a macbook pro some years ago : it lights up the front led slowly when the mac is sleeping ...

Was it a small 8 pin package?

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 11:47:38 am »
Quote from: iampoor on Today at 11:04:10>Quote from: kripton2035 on Yesterday at 10:02:22

Was it a small 8 pin package?
no but a small qfn with 40 pins or something. smaller than a 8 pdip.
it also served to handle the IR receiver in front of the laptop for the remote control
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:49:26 am by kripton2035 »

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:52 pm »
found the board ... it was in a macbookpro 2008 laptop, behind the front ir receiver

Offline true

• Frequent Contributor
  • INTERNET
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 04:06:22 pm »
Only major con's I can see right now are the low end options are pretty lacking
PSoC4000 is pretty uninteresting, except for the one 8pin part that is $0.29, and even that isn't all that appealing. I agree here.

and the chips are pretty pricey.
Depends on what you are trying to do. Using a PSoC5 to replace a PIC32 in one of my designs will cost about $1.50/ea more for the MCU, but will add 1) digital UDBs which will give performance far above what I have now in the design, 2) have faster interrupt response than MIPS PIC32, 3) let me eliminate 3x 8-bit level translators, 4) let me eliminate a voltage regulator, 5) let me reduce some other passives. So overall I am spending less for a product more tailored to my solution.

Granted, not every case is like mine here, so it really depends on if your task is suited to what PSoC provides, and if the IDE is worth it to you (it is for me). Also, Cypress has been known to work with companies on even small quantities to help reduce cost. For a hobbyist, does it matter?

I havent seen PSOC's in any equipment I have ever opened. I wonder what the main market for them is. Automotive and Defense?
I have, but agree, they aren't super common. Apple uses them (as stated in this thread). These are general purpose MCUs tied in with a configurable digital logic. Except for some models, like CY8C4000/4100, and new PSoC 4A, which would fit in PERFECTLY to a throttle control application I am working on...

Offline alexanderbrevig

• Frequent Contributor
  • Musician, developer and EE hobbyist
    • alexanderbrevig.com
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 08:27:24 pm »

At least a few Macbooks use PSOCs for the keyboard interface.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 08:38:48 pm »
Is anyone using Cypress PSOC's in any interesting projects?
I am a beginner, and received the CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP a few weeks ago. These chips are really cool, and the documentation is awesome (I tried starting out with PIC's and got lost in the mirad of documentation and incomplete information). Only major con's I can see right now are the low end options are pretty lacking, and the chips are pretty pricey.

Would love to see any cool projects you have done with PSOC's  8)

I do use Psocs, 3, 4 and 5 for different uses.
Psoc 4 for control stuff. It does make sense the extra price given the digital+analog modules inside the thing. The ease of use and good documentation more than make up for it.

I used the Psoc 5 evm board in a project I did post here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/3d-object-tracking-with-digital-magnetometers-(personal-project)/msg953407/#msg953407

It does calculate the position of a bar magnet with 4 3d magnetometers. A LOT of algorithms crammed into the thing, trigonometric and matrix calculations

Offline andy1

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:07 am »
I use PSOC 4200 series mainly because of the UDBs and the 5v compatibility helps with some legacy use.
I have replaced small cpld on one project and some even older discrete based ones with one that is much easier to configure once installed.
On another project I used it as a simple pulse generator but the segment lcd support and UDBs were really nice way to remove some external hw.

They are not the mcu I use the most but for some stuff (mainly the UDB, wide input voltage range) they are difficult to beat.

Offline dferyance

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 04:24:49 pm »
I use PSoCs exclusively, but I only do hobby work. I have only recently been designing PCBs, before that I would point-to-point wire different breakout boards together. Having the integrated programmable analog and digital as well as flexible pin mappings sure made things easier.

Yeah the wide voltage range is nice too. I happen to like PSoC Creator. I always found eclipse-based IDEs clunky due to being designed to be a generic IDE framework and most of the features being targeted towards Java. While PSoC Creator is designed specifically for the chips and language you are working with. Having a free, simple IDE was a good selling point for me.

Due to working in very small quantities, the price hasn't been a problem for me. Although their BLE modules seem to compare price-wise quite well to other BLE modules I have looked at.

Offline true

• Frequent Contributor
  • INTERNET
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 03:15:02 am »
Due to working in very small quantities, the price hasn't been a problem for me. Although their BLE modules seem to compare price-wise quite well to other BLE modules I have looked at.

Another plus is the BLE software programming side - it's way easier than the competition.

Other than that, they're not very compelling. Competitors now have (way) lower power consumption, higher performance and offer more capabilities.

Offline aandrew

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 03:54:09 am »
I've done significant work with PSoCs. A major microscopy OEM (manufactures FIBs and SEMs for the big names in those industries) have a number of them in their systems due to my input into the design. We use a beefy FPGA to do all the heavy data lifting but the individual boards and the motherboard all use PSoCs to communicate, configure and synchronize things.

My take on them: They're neat, they have some decent analog (the 5LP does anyway) but ultimately they need to at least quadruple the number of UDBs on their devices to be at all truly useful as programmable logic. You can play some neat parlour tricks with them (we primarily used the UDBs for some additional serial interfaces/MUXes and some logic) but to do anything truly useful you run out of UDBs awfully fast. Their documentation tends to be on the lacking side as well, and their support network generally consists of a bunch of guys whose first language isn't English, with a typical response time of 20-40h and a whole lot of quick replies that show they did not read or understand the question in the first place. Don't even talk about the forums; they're terrible. The editor is terrible and it's the usual dreadful SNR.

I hate their IDE and the fact that even if you want to write Verilog for the UDBs you still end up using that disgusting IDE. I dislike that I can only use Verilog and not VHDL, I dislike that the PAR and synthesis utilities are a little lacking in configuration/visibility into issues (particularly timing), and their auto-generated software is pretty much bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. If they could at least give us a solid command line set of UDB, DMA and general configuration utilities we could really make things sing, but it seems they just double down on the idiotic IDE. There's no reason the toolchain has to be windows-only, just drop that IDE.

Now in their defence, I will say that the UDBs are one of the most woefully misunderstood components I've ever come across. Yes, they're crippled with an 8-bit datapath and yes, there are way too few of them to really do some work with them, but every one supports DMA and has a "micro ALU" that can be programmed independently of anything else. If you are willing to put the legwork in (and it's NOT well documented) you can really get those UDBs cranking out some interesting logic. Too bad Cypress' own tools don't help a lot here. If they were to bring the datapath up to 32 bits and extend the PSoC5LP family with UDB counts getting up to 128 or so... now THAT would be interesting.

And while I'm dreaming... instead of the GAL-style "sum of products" blocks... replace them with primitive CLB or ALM blocks... that would be a serious contender in the low-end SoC market, a place that I feel has been ignored for far too long by all the vendors...

My current love is STM32; I've worked on practically every single embedded platform out there over the last 25 years or so but STMicro seems to have put a LOT of legwork into a solid MCU series. Strong peripherals, a heavy dose of "let's try to make moving between Cortex families as seamless as possible" and pretty decent support. They certainly don't point you off to a craptastic "community support forum" like Microchip, Freescale/NXP, Cypress and a number of others all do. Also... ALL of their dev boards have not only schematics and gerbers, but also the Altium design files available for free, and they also crank out a fair amount of high-end algorithm libraries that target their products and give them away for free, provided you use them for their parts. Too bad STMicro doesn't have any kind of programmable logic component.

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 05:55:41 am »
Hey, no chip is perfect ;)
each chip has is prefered domain. cypress is mixed analog-digital. they try to go to small fpga but are too small.
you have to learn some different chip and choose the chip for the work to do. each chip has his own field of use and you must know them.
learn some different chips, and cypress is quite different from the others.

Offline obiwanjacobi

• Frequent Contributor
  • What's this yippee-yayoh pin you talk about!?
    • Marctronix Blog
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 02:17:23 pm »
I'm doing a hobby project with the PSoC5 kit. I programmed it to be a System Controller to a Z80 computer without ROM. The PSoC manages the connection to the PC and can load the program from the PC into the Z80 computer. Check my blog (signature) for details. I think its very affordable fun stuff!
Arduino Template Library | Zalt Z80 Computer
Wrong code should not compile!

Offline danadak

• Super Contributor
  • Reactor Operator SSN-583, Retired EE
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 01:36:01 am »
For me what stands out is -

1) Routability
2) Fast 12 bit SAR A/D and slow 20 bit DelSig
3) DFB (Digital Filter Block) that is dual channel, handle FIR or IIR filters, or DFB
can be used as a GP fast processor block, sililiar to RISC block
4) MSI logic elements GUI based and/or the UDB Verilog capability. Eg. the FPGA
like capability
5) Onboard Vref
6) DAC, IDAC, OpAmps (up to 4), comparator, mixer, switch cap, analog mux....
7) LCD
8) COM, UART, I2C, I2S, One Wire, SPI, Parallel, LIN, CAN, BLE
9) Custom components capability
10) DMA to offload processes like filters
11) ARM M0 or M3 or 8051 core
12) Extensive clock generation capabilities

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/23736/l/100-projects-in-100-days?displayFullThread=true

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/psoc-345-code-examples

Great video library

GUI design tool with schematic capture. Components have rich API library attached
to each component

Attached component list

Regards, Dana.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:45:31 am by danadak »
Love Cypress PSOC, ATTiny, Bit Slice, OpAmps, Oscilloscopes, and Analog Gurus like Pease, Miller, Widlar, Dobkin, obsessed with being an engineer

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 04:35:59 am »
I'm doing a hobby project with the PSoC5 kit. I programmed it to be a System Controller to a Z80 computer without ROM. The PSoC manages the connection to the PC and can load the program from the PC into the Z80 computer. Check my blog (signature) for details. I think its very affordable fun stuff!

I wanted to do that but for the 6809 !... I wonder which method you used...

Offline obiwanjacobi

• Frequent Contributor
    • Marctronix Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 07:53:48 am »

I wanted to do that but for the 6809 !... I wonder which method you used...

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'method'...

I open up a serial (over USB) connection to the PC and sit waiting for (ascii) commands to come in. I have defined several commands to manipulate the Z80 computer. The PSoC also generates the clock for the Z80 so there are also commands to make that run slower/faster (for debugging). The Memory Write (mw) command allows you to upload a binary file from the PC into the Z80 computer's RAM. Then you release the /RESET (another command) and off you go.
I have also logic in the PSoC to decode some IO addresses to allow the Z80 to communicate over the (USB) serial to the PC (and back).

(My project is not on the internet yet, but I have plans to publish it...)

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 08:13:34 am »
Please do!
I have a PSoC5 coming (today) and, as ale500, I intended to use it for a 6809 that's gathering dust...
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

Offline bobaruni

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 09:12:39 am »
I personally can't wait for the PSoC 7 (cortex M7), hope they will implement a USB 2 HS interface with built in phy.

Offline obiwanjacobi

• Frequent Contributor
    • Marctronix Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 10:04:18 am »
Please do!
I have a PSoC5 coming (today) and, as ale500, I intended to use it for a 6809 that's gathering dust...

Oh well, okay than...
https://github.com/obiwanjacobi/Zalt

PSoC stuff is here.

Have fun!

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 10:06:10 am »
I meant how do you allow the processor to access the memory on the PSoC. I guess you are using an interrupt and some wait states...

OK: I downloaded the design and had a look, you write the memory instead of using the PSoC as a ROM. Very clever !
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:21:50 am by ale500 »

Offline obiwanjacobi

• Frequent Contributor
    • Marctronix Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 10:33:05 am »
I meant how do you allow the processor to access the memory on the PSoC. I guess you are using an interrupt and some wait states...

OK: I downloaded the design and had a look, you write the memory instead of using the PSoC as a ROM. Very clever !

Yes the PSoC is an arbiter and a mediator (I have called it a System Controller) but the Z80 does not have access to any of its internals.
The PSoC does DMA using the Z80 BUSREQ and BUSACK signals.

I posted a new thread about my project on the projects list if you want to discuss further...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:49:12 pm by obiwanjacobi »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 01:55:45 am »
found the board ... it was in a macbookpro 2008 laptop, behind the front ir receiver

Very cool! Thanks for finding that. I wonder why they chose that specific chip (capacitive sensing?), and what the price break is at a few 10's of millions.  ;D

http://www.cypress.com/part/cy8c24794-24ltxi

Only major con's I can see right now are the low end options are pretty lacking
PSoC4000 is pretty uninteresting, except for the one 8pin part that is $0.29, and even that isn't all that appealing. I agree here.

and the chips are pretty pricey.
Depends on what you are trying to do. Using a PSoC5 to replace a PIC32 in one of my designs will cost about $1.50/ea more for the MCU, but will add 1) digital UDBs which will give performance far above what I have now in the design, 2) have faster interrupt response than MIPS PIC32, 3) let me eliminate 3x 8-bit level translators, 4) let me eliminate a voltage regulator, 5) let me reduce some other passives. So overall I am spending less for a product more tailored to my solution.

Granted, not every case is like mine here, so it really depends on if your task is suited to what PSoC provides, and if the IDE is worth it to you (it is for me). Also, Cypress has been known to work with companies on even small quantities to help reduce cost. For a hobbyist, does it matter?

I have, but agree, they aren't super common. Apple uses them (as stated in this thread). These are general purpose MCUs tied in with a configurable digital logic. Except for some models, like CY8C4000/4100, and new PSoC 4A, which would fit in PERFECTLY to a throttle control application I am working on...

Yes, it would be really nice to have a lower end MCU with some UDB's.

After reading more over the past few days, I also agree with your points on cost now. I discovered that the 5200lp 100 pin TQFP packages with 24 UDB's are only 3.95 in quantities of 100. I was looking at using some pic 32MX parts, and these look like a good replacement. Originally I was looking at the 5800 series with the precision analog front end, and those are ~ 14$ each in quantities of 100. I didnt discover the 5200 series until after my OP, and those have opened up a whole new world of possibilities. I have been able to replace an entire board of debouncing functions and a couple glue logic chips, saving me over 5$. I am planning on doing small run production of a few projects using PSOC's in the future, and having an easy to use IDE with clearly written documentation is worth its weight in gold. Development time is far more expensive than the actual parts.

Good to know too. Im glad cypress supports the little guys!

Not very cool but this was my first project http://hackaday.com/2016/09/15/custom-gaming-keypad-developed-with-psoc-and-fusion-360/

I like it.  :-+ Cool case design. The people in the comments section are buttheads tho!

I do use Psocs, 3, 4 and 5 for different uses.
Psoc 4 for control stuff. It does make sense the extra price given the digital+analog modules inside the thing. The ease of use and good documentation more than make up for it.

I used the Psoc 5 evm board in a project I did post here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/3d-object-tracking-with-digital-magnetometers-(personal-project)/msg953407/#msg953407

WOAH! Super super cool.  :-+ :-+ :-+ Are you planning on writing a blog post about how it works? That project is quite abit above my current skill level, but I would be curious to learn more. Magnetometers are a something I have never played with. I like it.

Another plus is the BLE software programming side - it's way easier than the competition.

Other than that, they're not very compelling. Competitors now have (way) lower power consumption, higher performance and offer more capabilities.

Do you know of any MCU's that have similar configurable logic and analog? I dont use bluetooth, but am very fond of having programmable logic on the MCU.

I've done significant work with PSoCs. A major microscopy OEM (manufactures FIBs and SEMs for the big names in those industries) have a number of them in their systems due to my input into the design. We use a beefy FPGA to do all the heavy data lifting but the individual boards and the motherboard all use PSoCs to communicate, configure and synchronize things.

My take on them: They're neat, they have some decent analog (the 5LP does anyway) but ultimately they need to at least quadruple the number of UDBs on their devices to be at all truly useful as programmable logic. You can play some neat parlour tricks with them (we primarily used the UDBs for some additional serial interfaces/MUXes and some logic) but to do anything truly useful you run out of UDBs awfully fast. Their documentation tends to be on the lacking side as well, and their support network generally consists of a bunch of guys whose first language isn't English, with a typical response time of 20-40h and a whole lot of quick replies that show they did not read or understand the question in the first place. Don't even talk about the forums; they're terrible. The editor is terrible and it's the usual dreadful SNR.

I hate their IDE and the fact that even if you want to write Verilog for the UDBs you still end up using that disgusting IDE. I dislike that I can only use Verilog and not VHDL, I dislike that the PAR and synthesis utilities are a little lacking in configuration/visibility into issues (particularly timing), and their auto-generated software is pretty much bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. If they could at least give us a solid command line set of UDB, DMA and general configuration utilities we could really make things sing, but it seems they just double down on the idiotic IDE. There's no reason the toolchain has to be windows-only, just drop that IDE.

Now in their defence, I will say that the UDBs are one of the most woefully misunderstood components I've ever come across. Yes, they're crippled with an 8-bit datapath and yes, there are way too few of them to really do some work with them, but every one supports DMA and has a "micro ALU" that can be programmed independently of anything else. If you are willing to put the legwork in (and it's NOT well documented) you can really get those UDBs cranking out some interesting logic. Too bad Cypress' own tools don't help a lot here. If they were to bring the datapath up to 32 bits and extend the PSoC5LP family with UDB counts getting up to 128 or so... now THAT would be interesting.

And while I'm dreaming... instead of the GAL-style "sum of products" blocks... replace them with primitive CLB or ALM blocks... that would be a serious contender in the low-end SoC market, a place that I feel has been ignored for far too long by all the vendors...

My current love is STM32; I've worked on practically every single embedded platform out there over the last 25 years or so but STMicro seems to have put a LOT of legwork into a solid MCU series. Strong peripherals, a heavy dose of "let's try to make moving between Cortex families as seamless as possible" and pretty decent support. They certainly don't point you off to a craptastic "community support forum" like Microchip, Freescale/NXP, Cypress and a number of others all do. Also... ALL of their dev boards have not only schematics and gerbers, but also the Altium design files available for free, and they also crank out a fair amount of high-end algorithm libraries that target their products and give them away for free, provided you use them for their parts. Too bad STMicro doesn't have any kind of programmable logic component.

Really great post, thanks!  :-+ Were you pushing the PSOC's to the limits? It sounds like you needed more resources on each MCU. On the other hand (for my application) I keep on trying to think of ways to use extra UDB blocks.  ;D Is the documentation lacking compared to other vendors, or are there actually large points missing? I find the documentation extremely easy to read, very casually written. On the other hand, I find Microchip datasheets extremely hard to read. I get a headache trying to remember all the small details. But that may also be because I am not really pushing these chips to the limit. I am currently a beginner, but working on my BSEE and following a professional engineering career. I think thats why I like the PSOC documentation so far, because it is very easy to understand. There must be a trade off between simplicity and information? I am hoping to step up into bigger and more complex MCU's as my knowledge grows.

Interesting, I did not know that. I will have to read the documentation and see how much of the UBD I really understand.

Doesnt STM32 have a pretty steep learning curve? I am currently reliant on libraries and I have read that the STM32's default libraries and code configurator makes some pretty sketchy code. That has scared me away for the time being. STM32 does seem to be the wave of the future, however. They have some extremely affordable, interesting chips. I am just not sure if I am ready for the learning curve.

I wonder if the new PSOC 6's will address some of your issues. 64 or 128 UDBs would be rad. For applications that require more hardware I am currently working with some Max V CPLD's (using the schematic features of Quartus) but it would be nice to keep everything in 1 CPU.  ;D

Thanks again for such a detailed post. Very informative!

Hey, no chip is perfect ;)
each chip has is prefered domain. cypress is mixed analog-digital. they try to go to small fpga but are too small.
you have to learn some different chip and choose the chip for the work to do. each chip has his own field of use and you must know them.
learn some different chips, and cypress is quite different from the others.

Yep. It would be rad if more companys started making affordable Microcontrollers with configurable logic like the PSOC's although.  ;D
For me what stands out is -

1) Routability
2) Fast 12 bit SAR A/D and slow 20 bit DelSig
3) DFB (Digital Filter Block) that is dual channel, handle FIR or IIR filters, or DFB
can be used as a GP fast processor block, sililiar to RISC block
4) MSI logic elements GUI based and/or the UDB Verilog capability. Eg. the FPGA
like capability
5) Onboard Vref
6) DAC, IDAC, OpAmps (up to 4), comparator, mixer, switch cap, analog mux....
7) LCD
8) COM, UART, I2C, I2S, One Wire, SPI, Parallel, LIN, CAN, BLE
9) Custom components capability
10) DMA to offload processes like filters
11) ARM M0 or M3 or 8051 core
12) Extensive clock generation capabilities

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/23736/l/100-projects-in-100-days?displayFullThread=true

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/psoc-345-code-examples

Great video library

GUI design tool with schematic capture. Components have rich API library attached
to each component

Attached component list

Regards, Dana.

You nailed it.  :-+ I really think that more beginners should consider learning on PSOC's. I tried starting with the arduino, but it was too far removed from a real embedded system to be useful for me. Plus, I found that many of the code examples prioritized ease of use over proper form and function.

I personally can't wait for the PSoC 7 (cortex M7), hope they will implement a USB 2 HS interface with built in phy.
|
Is there a press release for these? I did not see them on the Cypress product roadmap.

Yes the PSoC is an arbiter and a mediator (I have called it a System Controller) but the Z80 does not have access to any of its internals.
The PSoC does DMA using the Z80 BUSREQ and BUSACK signals.

I posted a new thread about my project on the projects list if you want to discuss further...

Very cool. I will be following your project.  :-+

Thanks for all the replies guys (and maybe gals)! I really appreciate it.

Offline bobaruni

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 04:59:50 am »
Is there a press release for these? I did not see them on the Cypress product roadmap.

I haven't seen a press release about PSoC 7 or even 6 for that matter, but it is listed on the latest road map as "Next Generation" and "Concept" whereas PSoC 6 is marked as "High Performance" and "Development".
http://www.cypress.com/file/151476/download

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf