Author Topic: Bascom Error Help  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Fisher77Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Bascom Error Help
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:24:43 am »
I was in the process of trying to learn how to use Bascom. I was following an online tutorial, but didn't get very far. I opened a new project, and changed the chip to a m8def.dat. Then I set it to run the simulator after compilation. When I clicked ok this error (on the screenshot below) popped up. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program twice, but still get the same error. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?
Thanks

Offline andersm

• Super Contributor
Re: Bascom Error Help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:02:50 am »
For security reasons, newer versions of Windows (I believe Vista or newer) do not allow programs to write to the Program Files folders. Try saving the file somewhere under your user folder instead. If the program is so old and crappy that it doesn't allow that, then install it to some other location that isn't OS-protected.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:17:13 am »
When you launch the BASCOM, run it as Administrator.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 09:33:48 pm »
When you launch the BASCOM, run it as Administrator.

I ran as an administrator and that did the trick.

For security reasons, newer versions of Windows (I believe Vista or newer) do not allow programs to write to the Program Files folders. Try saving the file somewhere under your user folder instead. If the program is so old and crappy that it doesn't allow that, then install it to some other location that isn't OS-protected.

I am running windows 10. I tried to move the folder to a user folder, no go. I uninstalled Bascom, and reinstalled it in a user folder, and the problem is now solved.

I should have known it would not write to that Program File without running as an administrator, brain fart :palm:

I really appreciate the both of you for helping me out with this :-+

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:29:21 am »

Well I have another problem now. I have watched this video and followed the instructions on how to load the blink into a Arduino Uno from Bascom. I cannot get it to work. It will not upload. Just sits there. I did change the com to the right port. When I compiled, it found no errors. When I hit F4 to upload it switched screens, and did nothing. Shows ? ? ? in the Chip box. When I click to identify the chip it says detected micro does not match the selected micro ATmega328P.

First pic shows the code I entered, and the micro selection.
Second pic shows after I compiled, no errors found.
Third pic shows after I hit F4 to upload
Fourth pic shows after I click to identify the chip

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wron, or what might be going on here?

Thanks

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:34:36 am by Fisher77 »

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:05:18 pm »
In BASCOM-AVR, go to 'Options' -> 'Programmer'. The selected programmer must be ARDUINO, and the baud rate should be 115200. Some older Arduino boards might use baud rate 57600 instead of 115200.

In the attached picture, my COM-port is COM3 but your COM port number most probably will be different. You must select the port number that your Windows assigned to your Arduino board when you plugged the board into the USB port.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:06:57 pm by RoGeorge »

The following users thanked this post: Fisher77

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf