Author Topic: Bitcloud / WSN - Endnodes did not rejoin after router was down by weak battery  (Read 1007 times)

Offline ldpeeTopic starter

I'm running ZigBee Atmel Bitcloud 1.12 WSNDemo. Nodes are based on ATmega128RFA1 ... all on battery. :-+

The end-nodes connected by the router seems to be unable (sometimes) to rejoin the network after the router was down by low battery. Btw. the watchdog is not in use due to the extended power-save period of 20secs. My sniffer confirms there is no wireless transmission from the end-nodes to the router. Connectivity of the batteries to the PCB is OK as far as I can tell by a simple voltage measurement.

One of the end-nodes connected to the Router has an indicator LED. Usually the LED blinks during each wake-up period. If the connection is lost the LED does not blink anymore. A power cycle of the end node fixes the issue and the devices immediately joins the Router/Network.

I'm looking for any idea how to identify the root cause.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Bitcloud 1.12
That's your root cause. With versions that old you are lucky it all works at all. There were so many critical bugs fixed since than that it would be hard to identify which once affects things here.

It may also be an application bug. If it were ARM, you could just attach to running target and see what exactly is going on. With AVR the only real thing you have is logging.
Alex

Offline ldpeeTopic starter

OK ... will Bitcloud 1.14 be significantly better? It seems Rev 3.x does not support ATmega128RFA1.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Hard to tell. You would probably need to reproduce the issue and debug it a bit more. It may be some application issue.
Alex

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf