Author Topic: BitCloud - ZigBee received payload too large, Coordinator just rejects it  (Read 1471 times)

Offline rflemingTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi Guys,

I have found a device that I have tried to integrate with my Coordinator and have found that when I read on its Manufacturer Name in the Basic Cluster, it returns a 57 character attribute that in turn creates a 107 character frame. This frame seems to be just rejected by the coordinator because it is simply "too large".

I have also seen this with another device when I did an attribute discovery for 20 attributes, the 20 attributes were too long in length for a frame so they were simply "rejected" but when I changed it to 5, it worked fine.

Any tips on how to read this long length would be awesome :D

Ryan.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: BitCloud - ZigBee received payload too large, Coordinator just rejects it
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:47:25 pm »
Coordinator should receive payloads like this without problems. It is likely that ZCL layer parser rejects this for some reason. I would look at APS_DataInd function in the ZCL to see if raw payload is received there.

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.
Alex

Offline DownTown

I think from the spec *refer the picture attached* you cannot set the manufactures id above 32 byte! that could be the reason why the stack is rejecting it.
May be if you could find the the code where it actually checks for the length and increase it might work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf