Author Topic: Bricked my first AVR  (Read 1954 times)

Offline vini_iTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Bricked my first AVR
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:03:13 am »
i've been using arduino for a bit now but i'm looking to to do more. so i purchased an Atmel-ICE and started learning atmel studios. I wrote a simple LED blinking program. i eventually and successfully programmed the Atmega328p micro on an arduino board and got pin 13 (B5) to blink correctly. then i switched the programmer to debugWire mode and tried to start a debug session. atmel studios told me i need to enable the DWEN fuse which i confirmed. the system then told me that a debug session could not be started. after that i can't communicate with the chip at all and with any tool. every time i try to program i get this error message.

what did i do wrong?
how can i recover the processor?

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Bricked my first AVR
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:55:38 am »
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 06:30:05 am »
IIRC I had the same problem when I tried to set the state of the configuration fuses in the source code.

Offline vini_iTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:30:59 am »
First result.

https://www.google.co.nz/#q=avr%20dwen%20fuse

thank you so much. cutting the reset jumper made everything come back to life. i was googling for hours, don't know how i didn't stumble across that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf