Author Topic: C2000 Development tools  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Aleksandar B.Topic starter

• Contributor
C2000 Development tools
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:49:43 am »
Hi everyone,

I am looking into starting using TI's C2000 MCUs but can't find my way around the required development tools.
I need an IDE and a programmer, and the only things that I found is CCS for which I totally don't understand the licensing, and the XDS100 debug probe.
The XDS100 vendors claim that with the debug probe you get a free licence for CCS, but when I asked TI's technical support they said there is only a free trial version of the IDE.
Also, the XDS100 probe claims to support only the TMS320C series of micros, and not TMS320F series, and can't find any information what is required to programme the F series..
Is there an alternative to CCS? Preferably a free, or low-cost one.

Offline AndreasF

• Frequent Contributor
    • mind-dump.net
Re: C2000 Development tools
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 01:50:25 pm »
Considering that one of their C2000 launchpads (http://www.ti.com/tool/launchxl-f28069m) uses a TMS320F device, has the onboard "isolated XDS100v2 JTAG Emulator", and claims that it works with the free version of CCS ("Free unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE)") I think that should answer your questions.

my random ramblings mind-dump.net

Offline Aleksandar B.Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: C2000 Development tools
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:54:00 pm »
Thank you.

I don't know why this information has to be found on a launchpad's page, and not in the tools section of a MCU...

Also, I don't understand why didn't TI's support tell me that when I asked  |O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf