Author Topic: Lattice ispLSI1016 woes  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Rob_CTopic starter

Lattice ispLSI1016 woes
« on: October 05, 2018, 03:37:03 pm »
I have a couple of Lattice ispLSI1016 devices which I need to copy the code of to new devices.  Unfortunately I could only get 1016E devices which require a bigger fuse map although they are hardware compatible.  And herein lie the problems.
1.  All of these are obsolete so Lattice don't want to know.
2. The lowest level of software available is ispLEVER which will deal with both devices but can't import the LIF/LDF format files used in the design which was done on the pDS tool (v2.71): win 3.1 / 95 vintage.
3.  pDS can export EDIF files which on the face of it ispLEVER can import but, it won't.  This is probably because EDIF is one of those fine standards which aren't; although I might be forgiven for expecting two Lattice products to be able to talk?
Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm rapidly reaching the stage of hair pulling out here.
Thanks for your help

Online PCB.Wiz

• Super Contributor
Re: Lattice ispLSI1016 woes
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 08:29:29 am »
Did you try buying the correct parts from web sources ?
eBay shows a few ispLSI1016 (non E) for sale ...
That avoids the code migrate issue entirely :)

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 10:39:50 am »
I had the same problem trying to import some old isp2016 and 2032 code.
I came to the conclusion I needed the original disks to do it, none of the new stuff was backward compatible with the old project files. Never did get it solved, good luck.

Offline Rob_CTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 02:23:07 pm »
We managed to find enough of the 1016s to solve the problem.  Although not online: this is an automotive project and so we needed industrial temp range which are even harder to find.
I have come to the conclusion that the only solution is going to be copying the logic equations from the old Lattice tool to the new Lattice tool.  Fortunately it's not that big a device so this is feasible.  You will notice I mention the fine supplier of these parts twice above.  This is because I'm still pi**ed off that this supplier is so contemptuous of its customers that it doesn't offer any upgrade path.  Doesn't offer much hope for all users of their current devices.
Anyway rant mode off.
Thanks to all who replied.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf