Author Topic: ESP8266 Dev Board Pinouts  (Read 4215 times)

Offline StuUKTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
ESP8266 Dev Board Pinouts
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:55:09 pm »
I fancied experimenting with this particular chip and took a punt on ordering a cheap £2 GBP on aliexpress, it arrived after 3 weeks whichis not too bad for china post (and free post, god knows how they make any profit).

The product was entitled New Wireless module CH340 NodeMcu V3 Lua WIFI Internet of Things development board based ESP8266

I loaded the appropriate drivers onto my MAC for the CH340 USB-UART and plugged the board in, loaded up a terminal client and hey presto it worked albeit it was loaded with the AT firmware and not nodemcu. Not to worry a couple of downloads later and a bit of flashing and it had the latest nodemcu on it. The board seemed to work BUT lots of dropouts on the WIFI and refusing to connect sometimes. Suspecting that this was not the board I loaded the Arduino ESP toolset and reflashed again. All works great, no issues, no dropouts.

Anyways, my question :)

I cannot determine what the pinouts actually are and how they equate to the actual ESP pinouts. I believe that some of the pins will obviously be breakouts from the supporting circuitry but I'm more interested in determining the ESP8266 pins. You'll see from the picture that they are labelled differently from what I might expect. i did some googling but no luck as yet, maybe someone out there can point me in the right direction. I believe it to be an ESP 12 or 12E.

The product i ordered can be found here... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NodeMcu-Lua-WIFI-development-board-based-on-the-ESP8266-Internet-of-things/32339203041.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:56:46 pm by StuUK »

• Frequent Contributor
Re: ESP8266 Dev Board Pinouts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:10:20 pm »
Failing that I could always unsolder the ESP board I guess :(

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
Perfect thanks :) I must have been looking in completely the wrong place

Offline firepower

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 12:02:48 pm »
http://frightanic.com/iot/comparison-of-esp8266-nodemcu-development-boards

Info about nodemcu dev boards V1,V2,V3 with pinouts. V3 bring USB power to two previous reserved

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:04:37 pm by firepower »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf