Author Topic: failing to run FreeRTOS example on TI Hercules Launchpad  (Read 2289 times)

Offline jancumpsTopic starter

• Supporter
  • New Low
failing to run FreeRTOS example on TI Hercules Launchpad
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:34:55 am »
I have been trying to get the FreeRTOS example at HWTourist working on a TI Hercules TMS570LS04x/03x LaunchPad.

I did as explained by Eric B. , with these changes:
  • I chose the processor on my board (TMS570LS043x) in stead of the one in the walkthrough.
  • I unchecked the Use Malloc Failed Hook because that gave a link error (the example does not implement the handler code for this option). I'm not expecting an error because of that because it's mem allocating related.

When I step through my code in a debugger I can walk up to the line: vTaskStartScheduler() .

As soon as I step over that one, it goes of forever (that might be expected, don't know about that yet) but doesn't log results via SCI as expected from the code. The SCI part works. I do get the initial "SCI Initialsed." message in my terminal.

I tried inserting a taskYIELD() in the vReceiverTask loop out of desparation but that didn't yield (sic) anything.

Anyone got more success?

:-BROKE

Offline jancumpsTopic starter

• Supporter
  • New Low
Re: failing to run FreeRTOS example on TI Hercules Launchpad
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »
Lavanya K. pointed out on YouTube (Lavanya must have a g+ account :)) that the "use Timers" option should be unchecked in the OS tab of HALCoGen.
I tried that, and it worked. Cool.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf