Author Topic: Fujitsu F2MC-8FX F118AS Firmware Extraction Help  (Read 2547 times)

Offline GabYoung92Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fujitsu F2MC-8FX F118AS Firmware Extraction Help
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:57:45 am »
Hi All,

I have a Fujitsu F2MC-8FX MB95F118AS which is being used as the controller for a touch panel.  The processor has a known issue of possible blown pins as I have been able to use another known working processor in its spot.  Good old Aliexpress has been helpful in providing "new" blank chips for programming and installation.  (I am getting lots of these touch panels that need repair)

I DO NOT have a copy of the firmware or the original source code so my only option is to try and extract the firmware.

Created a breakout PCB so I can connect all the signals and such to the processor. (See photos attached).  This is where I have run into a brick wall.  I have followed the datasheet, programming guide & installed the Programmer software from http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/flash-mcu-programmer-1.

1) When the processor boots up without the MOD wire connected (Floating) I get data coming out of the processor on the serial pins. (SO i know the chip is getting power / the crystal is working / the USB->Serial converter board is working etc...)
2) When pin MOD is set to high, I can't get the software to communicate with the chip. (I have tried all the target processors and no luck)

The software only has a target of MB95F118B/M.  I'm not sure if B/M to AS will cause it not to read. 

I have tried reading one of the blank processors (incase a lockbit has been set) and still no luck  :(

My question is: Does anyone know/have experience with reading the firmware out of a MB95F118AS processor?

Thanks,
Gab

The following users thanked this post: girishv

Offline abyrvalg

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Fujitsu F2MC-8FX F118AS Firmware Extraction Help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:01:16 pm »
The programming datasheet (http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MICRO/fma/mcu/PCW8FXe.pdf) says you need to set P12=low and P13=high also.

Offline GabYoung92Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:35:55 pm »
The programming datasheet (http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MICRO/fma/mcu/PCW8FXe.pdf) says you need to set P12=low and P13=high also.
Good eye for spotting that! But it looks like I failed to mention that I followed that instruction as well. I also tried those pins floating as well, no help. 

The one thing I was considering to be an issue is the timing diagram on page "5" of that datasheet. 

Offline abyrvalg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:19:22 am »
The A series datasheet (http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MICRO/fma/pdfmcu/8bit_e712602.pdf) says nothing about serial programming (parallel only) :(

Offline lluchiari

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 01:15:05 pm »
GabYoung92 did you find the answer? I have the exact same problem with an 16FX Fujitsu microcontroller. I can't even find SOFTUNE software (and Infineon doesn't help me).

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 01:33:43 pm »
Some info here:
https://www.pentax-hack.info/documents/blog.php?page=1

Including a evaluation version of Softune v6.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline lluchiari

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 03:24:20 pm »
DavidAlfa, thanks for reply.
I found this V6 of Softune, but it's so old that does't have my micro version!

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 05:45:42 pm »
Search on

https://www.pudn.com/search?q=Fujitsu%20MCU&s=0&spm=

and maybe someone registered there can help ?

all i've found is this: The following Spansion FR Softune (formerly "Fujitu FR Softune") or this: Softune Workbench V30L26

Nothing is found past V6  ??

good luck

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 05:47:15 pm by coromonadalix »

Offline lluchiari

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 08:59:17 pm »
coromonadalix, this pudn is a very weird website!  :P
But I found nothing there!

Nothing is found past V6  ??

Actually there is, but just Infineon has! And I'm really trying with them, but they are not very keen to give me!  |O

Offline true

• Frequent Contributor
  • INTERNET
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 07:27:45 am »
I've also tried contacting Infineon, and had a resource in Europe try the same thing. I am specifically looking for the last F2MC-8FX version. They wouldn't help.

There are three completely different versions of the software: for 8-bit (including 8FX), 16FX and for FR series MCU. You need the specific version for the family of MCU you are trying to work with.

For 8 and 16-bit MCUs, all I have been able to openly find online are very old versions that do not cover much of the product range.

The latest versions I have are 300012 for 8FX (from somewhere random) and 300023 for 16FX (from pentax-hack). As you noted, these are ancient.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf