Author Topic: Genesis Microchip? (old flat panel LCD SOC w/ 8051 - in search of info)  (Read 2144 times)

Offline clay_cowgillTopic starter

• Contributor
Might any of you have technical information from back in the day for the early Genesis Microchip SOCs (for TFT monitors) that used the 8051 core?

ST Microelectronics purchased Genesis back in 2008 and continued with the later x86 based display processors, but finding information on the old 8051 based stuff is tough.  If anyone has any original docs for the gm2110/2121/3110/5110/5115 I would love to get a copy.  In particular I'm really after:

(Genesis document numbers, description)
C5115-DSL-01 gm5115 Register Listing
C5115-APB-01 gm5115 Product Family On-chip Microcontroller (OCM) Firmware Configurations
B0108-GUD-01 5110RD1 Reference Design Users Guide
B0092-SUG-01 gm5115 Product Family Firmware User Guide for Full-Custom

"Holy Grail" type things would be the old 8051/Keil C based source tree and/or any of the GProbe Register Database stuff.  (The GProbe stuff would likely be something like "gm5115.Chip.GProbe" and/or "gm5115.chm" files.)

Anyway, if any of you happened to work with this stuff back in the day and kept copies or had any ideas/leads for more info, please let me know! Being from around ~2002 I think a lot of it was "too late for databooks" and "too early for online preservation".  The deeper technical stuff was probably on an as-needed basis and there's really nothing by high-level datasheets and product briefs from old archive.org crawls of the Genesis website.

I already have a request in with ST (that I'm not holding out much hope for) and I mined the Chinese file-pirate dens as thoroughly as I could (mostly newer x86 based stuff).

Thanks!
-Clay

Offline clay_cowgillTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Genesis Microchip? (old flat panel LCD SOC w/ 8051 - in search of info)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 05:08:05 am »
*crickets*

Nobody, eh? ;-)

ST Microelectronics sent me a predictable "this part is obsolete and as such no information is available on it" reply, but I pushed back a little with a "was this a boiler-plate response or did you actually check to see if anything was archived?" question, but I don't hold out much hope.  Looks like it's time to fire up yea' olde MCS51 disassembler!

-Clay

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 05:20:34 am »
ST Microelectronics sent me a predictable "this part is obsolete and as such no information is available on it"

"... Please refer to the forum"

and in the forum
this part is obsolete but feel free to drop a line

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 08:07:42 am »
8051 based realtek RTD2660 is the closest you can get to firmware lcd controller
 http://openrtd2662.ru/
but its russian and there is nothing open about it :) they dont share their code, just boast about having it

edit: apparently this is the codebase they used to start the project:
http://www.codelooker.com/id/92/1074876.html

you might also try your luck on www.pudn.com , its a popular side for chinese shanzhai enthusiasts, tons of proprietary nda code and docs on there
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:10:45 am by Rasz »
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf