Electronics > Microcontrollers

Help! Need to program EPS448 / SAM448 Legacy chips

(1/3) > >>

GrantM:
Hi Guys,
I'm needing to program some EPS448 (from Altera) Microsequencer chips, which I believe are the same as the SAM448 from WSI. This is for a legacy application and these chips are circa early '90's and while I have the blank chips, the datasheet and the program, none of my universal programmers will program them.

Data I/O put out a number of universal programmers that will do these chips, but I can't find one that has the right adaptors (DIP) or includes the software.
This link shows all of the Data I/O models that support this chip. The models are listed down the left side and if you click on that model it will show the required adaptors and software version in the box near the top.
http://www.dataio.com/Support/Device-Search?ca=1455%3BAltera%7CEPS448%27

Altera used to put out a 'PLDS-SAM Programming System' for them, but suffice to say they aren't common these days.
WSI put out a few versions of their MagicPro programmers, which can be found, but nobody seems to have the Software
 or PC interface cards for these.

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

marcopolo:
Hi,

What kind of file do you have: .pof, SAM+PLUS source file, jedec (I don't know if jedec is a possible option)

I could maybe get the missing hardware to program EPS448 with my Altera hardware, but the main problem is the software: SAM+PLUS or maybe an old version Max+Plus II?
In any case, this may be very difficult.

Is it for an industrial or a DIY project?

Regards,
Marc

GrantM:
It's a .JED file. The Datasheet only lists the PLDS-SAM system (with SAM+Plus Software) as the programmer/software required. I think maybe the Max+ might be a bit too modern for it, though I don't know. These were listed as to be discontinued with a last shipment date of 31 Dec 1996 and the same newsletter mentions MAX+PlusII, so I they were still around in that sort of era, but that's not to say that Max+PlusII can handle them.
It's for a small legacy industrial application.

marcopolo:
Hi,

I have an old ISA PC with Altera LP6 board + PLE3-12A, I can have a PLED448 DIP (but unfortunately not for free) -> Programming Hardware OK
I also have used EPS448 for the tests.

You need to find a working SAM+PLUS software. You will need friends in Russia :-DD

Here is what I can offer you.

Regards,
Marc

marcopolo:
Did you find a solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version