Author Topic: Help with Microcontroller interface and old piece of lab equipment (Geiger Rate  (Read 1343 times)

Offline AbelouelletteTopic starter

Help with Microcontroller interface and old piece of lab equipment (Geiger Rate Meter). Ludlum 200 Rate Meter

Projet Information
I have an old piece of equipment that I want connected to the Internet using a microcontroller.
Note: The connection with the internet and the small webpage embedded inside the microcontroller is working fine.

The microcontroller is an Atmel Atmega 1284P with the Arduino Bootloader in the chip.

Principe of operation of the Ludlum 200 Rate Meter

Description of the problem
To Retrieve the Data (The Number of Count, Durring a Specific Intervale of time) from the Ludlum 200 Rate Meter.
1.   When The Ludlum 2000 has Timed Out and Counting Stops, a High Pulse Appears on Pin 1(Count Complet).
This Pulse is Approximately 2 Miliseconde Wide and is used to signal the Accessory unit (The Arduino Microcontroller) that data is ready to be transmitted.

The pulse is captured by the microcontroller interrupt pin
The pulse is also measured with an oscilloscope
The pulse shape and length can also be included as a screen capture of my oscilloscope
•   This pulse trigger an interrupt on the Atmega 1284P microcontroller ( Interrupt 0 pin: 10

2.   When the Accessory Unit is Ready to Accept The Data, Pin 16 (Printer Ready ) is pulsed High for a minimum of 10 Miliseconde.
A function in the code pulse the output pin on the microcontroller from High State to Low state for duration of 10miliseconde

(This Section Work Correctly with the Microcontroller and my code)

3.   The Ludlum 200 Rate Meter output a clock signal
This pulse trigger an interrupt on the Atmega 1284P microcontroller (Interrupt 1 pin of the microcontroller: 17

This interrupt subroutine is not working correctly.
The first think I try with the Ludlum 200 Rate Meter clock signal subroutine. The Ludlum 200 Rate Meter clock signal is to increase a variable. This variable is printed on the serial console in another function of my code.

According to the pulse measured with an oscilloscope (Ludlum 200 Rate Meter clock ) is not present because the Count Complet interrupt is trigger at the same time that  clock signal interrupt.

Thant you for your time and expertise
The code is available bellow.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf