Author Topic: how to program this programmable IC?  (Read 945 times)

Offline aurmerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Insert text here.
how to program this programmable IC?
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:02:36 pm »
This hall effect sensor suits my needs, but as I scan the datasheet, I am struggling to find specific information on how to program it.

The documentation discusses all the wonderful options it has and even the values required to select these options. Can anyone help me understand what communication protocol this IC uses to receive programming data?

Thanks
If I just asked the wrong question, shame on me for asking before I was ready for help. Please be kind and direct me to a resource which will teach me the question I SHOULD be asking. Thank you.

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: how to program this programmable IC?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:11:56 pm »
You need their PTC-04 programmer unit and the correct daughterboard. The datasheet for your sensor mentions PTC Entry Level voltages of 5.8V - 6.6V so it looks like it uses its own proprietary protocol.

The Melexis programming unit PTC-04 communicates and calibrates the device exclusively through the connector terminals (Vdd-Vss-Out).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:17:56 pm by tsman »

The following users thanked this post: aurmer

Offline aurmerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Insert text here.
Re: how to program this programmable IC?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:14:17 pm »
Their datasheet assumes the reader knows that  |O

Thanks.
If I just asked the wrong question, shame on me for asking before I was ready for help. Please be kind and direct me to a resource which will teach me the question I SHOULD be asking. Thank you.

The following users thanked this post: hans

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf