Author Topic: atmega32 heat sensor project  (Read 2353 times)

Offline yalectTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
atmega32 heat sensor project
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:55 pm »
Hello,
I would like to ask you that I want to make atmega32 heat sensor project with 7 segment so, I link two microcontrollers first one connected to the sennsor and second one as reciever the first send data to the second serially, if you help me to write my code in C beginning how to shift the data inside microcontroller to send it serially and how to disply it with 7 segement and I have to make the reciever input as interept or just input?
Thank you
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:40:33 am by yalect »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: atmega32 heat sensor project
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 01:47:20 am »
Hello,
I would like to ask you that I want to make atmega32 heat sensor project with 7 segment so, I link the two microcontroller first one connected to the sennsor and second one as reciever the first send data to the second serially, if you help me to write my code in C beginning how to shift the data inside microcontroller to send it serially and how to disply it with 7 segement and I have to make the reciever input as interept or just input?
Thank you
I think there are lot of Arduino projects that have been well described that at least partly do what you want to achieve. What have you found on doing this so far and what are the roadblocks you came across?

Offline zeqing

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 03:20:14 am »
explain what you wan to do more detailed so we can help you more....
basically, if you think 2 controllers need to do this simple projects, i believe you are too new for controllers and you may need to learn more how other projects did, to start your own project.

Offline picandmix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 08:28:42 am »
For the heat sensor we need to know the temperature range you are measuring, eg normal room temperature or a furnace ?

Your communication between two micros, by wire or wireless and what distance are you talking about, a meter or a kilometer.

As said, it sounds like an easy enough project for an Arduino Uno  and C++, unless you have to use a bare Atmega and C ?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:09:50 am »
thank you for your replies
the link between the two micro is through wire for about 80m I want to know the default formula to convert
the value from ADC to 7 segment display and as I said above how to shift data inside micro controller to send it serially and how to display the data from ADC to 7 segement, let use LM 35 sensor.
may you help to write the full code for two micro in C++ and Arduino Uno if possible?
note I use two micro because I have 7 segement display for each micro.
Regards

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 11:26:26 pm »
thank you for your replies
the link between the two micro is through wire for about 80m I want to know the default formula to convert
the value from ADC to 7 segment display and as I said above how to shift data inside micro controller to send it serially and how to display the data from ADC to 7 segement, let use LM 35 sensor.
may you help to write the full code for two micro in C++ and Arduino Uno if possible?
note I use two micro because I have 7 segement display for each micro.
Regards
We cannot do the project for you. You will need to get started and build a proof of concept, even if it is really crude. If you actually have something and get stuck, then we might be able to help you with suggestions and code examples.

80 meters is a long distance for simple voltages. You might want to check Google for solutions that help you communicate between microcontrollers over those distances. Just a simple search query turned up the document below, which tells us about the problems that are to be expected. There were other links with practical solutions that you might be able to use.

http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slyt441/slyt441.pdf

Offline sasa

• Regular Contributor
  • !
  • Hobbyist in electronic
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:15:52 am »
Using analog temperature sensor (LM35) and 10-bit ADC MCU for a wide range of temperatures is not quite good combination. The LM35 provide only 0 to 1V to MCU ADC which implies many troubles... Much better choice is digital temp. sensor, as commonly used DS18B20 which have 12-bit ADC and returns digital data to MCU.

Control 7-segment displays with Arduino (i.e. ATmega328p/8 or similar small MCUs) is trivial and there is many open-source projects around.

Using long cable (80m) is a real problem. Notice that any wire, no matter how quality is, have its resistance and capacity - that means you need to count on quality and speed reducing. As well it must be shielded to minimize external noise...

All that means large budget for quite simple project at first look... That is the main reason to carefully specify your project requirements, existed solutions and minimize project budget, no matter it is hobby, student or business project.
The 30+ years professional desktop software designer and software engineer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 08:48:55 am »
Thank you
about long distance connection problem I will add transistor in switch mode for amplify the output data and I will minimize the frequency of transfer to prevent the long wire reactance.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 06:29:47 am »
Thank you
about long distance connection problem I will add transistor in switch mode for amplify the output data and I will minimize the frequency of transfer to prevent the long wire reactance.

Maybe RS-485 would be a good choice

/Bingo

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:14 am »
Thank you
Have you used Google, like I suggested before? The thread linked below has good solutions, amongst which the same RS-485 bingo600 speaks of. That seems to be a pretty good start. It pays to do your homework, as most problems have been solved by other people before, but it feels a bit like you're just relying on the replies given here.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/long-distance-serial-communication/

https://www.google.com/search?q=microcontroller+long+distance+communication&oq=long+distance+commumicrocontroller

What have you found yourself?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf