Author Topic: How to read out the memory of the P89LPC932A1 micro?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline jgorskTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
How to read out the memory of the P89LPC932A1 micro?
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:14:26 am »
Does anyone know how to read out the memory of the P89LPC932A1 micro?
I need that to repair a multimeter. All the programmers I know of support
programming but not reading (through ICP programming method).

Do you know of a programmer that supports parallel programming of the
P89LPC932A1 (long time obsolete micro).

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: How to read out the memory of the P89LPC932A1 micro?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:37:13 am »
The read protection will likely have been set, so you won't be able to copy it without some few k$ to get a reverse-engineering company to do it. The datasheet also suggests that reading the flash is not possible even without read protection, since all you get is a CRC.

Offline jgorskTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:17:18 pm »
I guess you won't know until you try. The datasheet only documents the ICP/IAP programming which doesn't support
memory reading. There is also a parallel programming which is not documented. That hopefully is able to read the memory.

Offline Bruce Abbott

• Frequent Contributor
    • Bruce Abbott's R/C Models and Electronics
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:32:22 am »
Here's a programmer that does the P89LPC932A1 in parallel mode:- Topview Programmer A.

However it doesn't permit reading this particular MCU, which I suspect is an inherent limitation of the P89LPC932A1.

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 12:21:37 am »
From the datasheet: "This device does not provide for direct verification of code memory contents. Instead, this device provides a 32-bit CRC result on either a sector or the entire user code space."

The other day, I did a little more digging around and found an older (serial) programming spec for the LPC900 series, in which one of the items noted in the document revision history was "removed READ command". So it may be possible that this is an MCU with write-only memory :-DD

On the other hand, what the datasheet/official documentation says, and what's actually possible, may not be identical. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf