Electronics > Microcontrollers

i.MX RT 600

(1/5) > >>

ehughes:
Cortex M33 + Tensilica DSP + 4.5MB SRAM

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-applications-processors/i.mx-rt-series/arm-cortex-m33-based-family-of-crossover-processors:i.MX-RT600

mark03:
Looks interesting!  Can someone who's used the Tensilica DSP comment on how open it is?  Are there free tools?  Is there an optimized FFT for it that you can access without signing away your firstborn?

technix:
I wonder if they will revise their i.MX 8 to replace the M4F's with M33F's...

Berni:
Interesting chip there.

The DSP part of it is not that hugely impressive, it is pretty beefy as far as audio DSPs go but in the end it can only do 4 per cycle 32x32 integer MAC or 8 per cycle 16x16 integer MAC. Running that at 600MHz makes for some pretty speedy math compared to any ARM Cortex M7 out there. Yet a lot of bigger ARM chips have NEON instructions and this gives them 4 per cycle 32x32 float or integer MACs or even 16 per cycle 8x8 integer MACs(Not useful for audio but for graphics certanly). Additionally these bigger ARMs tend to run at around 1 GHz and often have more than 1 core.

So i guess this chip better be resonably cheap or low power to make it worth it. And yes hopefully you can get your hands on the C compiler for it, but seeing the compiler is made by Cadecence i have a feeling its not going to run you cheap for a license.

ataradov:

--- Quote from: blueskull on October 16, 2018, 05:47:09 pm ---Especially considering the BF70x needs a $1000 compiler.

--- End quote ---
Does Tensilica DSP have a free compiler? I too wonder how open it actually is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version