Author Topic: i Need help in designing PIC16f877a based development board  (Read 4524 times)

Offline samdareTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: i Need help in designing PIC16f877a based development board
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 07:19:37 am »
Aren't these Psoc are like FPGA , programed based on need.

PSoC chips have a very few CPLD built-in, the largest one having 384 logic elements. This small logic fabric is intended to handle some timing critical IOs and that's it. It doesn't have enough resource to handle a lot of logic. The main logic will be handled on CPU, which is Cortex-M0 (PSoC4) or M3 (PSoC 5LP).

Another programmable feature of PSoC is analog routing capability. You can route analog signals with very great level of freedom, especially on PSoC5LP.

But no, it's not FPGA. It doesn't have nearly as dense logic.

When PSoC boots, it loads its configuration stream (containing analog and digital routing information, logic fabric configuration and system configuration, such as clock, charge pump settings, SWD settings, etc.), then CPU runs user program.

In case of PSoC5LP, there's another programmable part, that's IO pullups/pulldowns. These are stored in an MTP memory that gets loaded even before anything else, even during reset.
Thanks bro

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Plus using Tapatalk

Offline Vasi

• Regular Contributor
    • Visual Pin Configurator for Nucleo L152RE - produces SPL code.
Re: i Need help in designing PIC16f877a based development board
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2018, 10:03:45 am »
I edited the #21 reply from the other page, where I added some examples. I think that is a nice effect of "feeding the basics into the student with the spoon". You give the student the lego pieces and you award the ingenuity shown in their creations. Is a normal and desired process.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf