Author Topic: identified: red pci ep1c6q240c8 dvi 2xethernet 6xSram HoNCaI fccsv31 2006-12-20  (Read 1677 times)

Offline RaszTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
DVI connected to SiI151 PanelLink Receiver, so its an input card for something
RJ11 looks like serial console maybe
AMS1085CM-3.3  3.3V linear reg on a barrel connector, probably output?

cant get a hit in google  :-//
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:15:31 pm by Rasz »
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Custom lighting controller from this company would be my best guess: http://www.jollylighting.com/en/about.php

The following users thanked this post: Rasz

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
FCC id SV3 is Daesung Electric but I only see automotive stuff.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
The RJ45s have isolation transformers, Ethernet?

I am available for freelance work.

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
LED panel controller would be my bet.

Offline ehughes

• Frequent Contributor

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
https://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/yvifukfuk

HONCAI LIGHTING is a professional enterprise in producing LED lighting. HONCAI specializes in LED lighting software design, control system developing, lamps and lanterns manufacturing.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline daveshah

• Supporter
    • Projects
Looking at that board it is clear that PCI provides power for it and a place to sit only. As is common with these LED panels, the video data comes in through the DVI port which is looped from the computer's DVI output and sent out to the panel through the RJ45s.

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
thank you amyk, ajb, ehughes

indeed pci was a red herring, it appears to be stand alone video converter :o

Fascinating, there are >10 manufacturers with their own custom clones of this design, using different FPGAs, different ram, different pcb layouts, but all sharing same origin and data standard, pretty cheap too.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
https://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/yvifukfuk

HONCAI LIGHTING is a professional enterprise in producing LED lighting. HONCAI specializes in LED lighting software design, control system developing, lamps and lanterns manufacturing.
Odd choice of URL :-DD

The PCI might be an option for controlling from a PC directly, or they just cloned a dev board and didn't bother removing that part. The same board with different firmware can be customised for different applications.

Offline ehughes

• Frequent Contributor
Those cards are paired with "LED Recievers"  (Asian Term)  a break out to HUB08 or HUB12 interface.     On the receiver side it is just a driver to control scanned LED matrix modules.      They are commonly used in large LED video walls.      The PCI does nothing.    The DVI is an input from another video card.   to get transmitted over CAT5 to the receivers.   

The cards usually come with some wonky PC software to get the DVI output to match the resolution of the LED matrix "wall".

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
The PCI might be an option for controlling from a PC directly, or they just cloned a dev board and didn't bother removing that part. The same board with different firmware can be customised for different applications.

Its definitely for something, clones based on Spartan 6 are PCIE x1, and I also found some Xilinx, and even dual FPGA vatiants. Im totally mind blown.

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor

Its definitely for something, clones based on Spartan 6 are PCIE x1, and I also found some Xilinx, and even dual FPGA vatiants. Im totally mind blown.

Looks like only 14 pins are connected, and at least 5 of those are ground on the one you posted initially.  It's likely only meant to provide power to the board, so that you can pop it into the same PC that's running your video wall content and use a DVI-DVI jumper from the video card to the panel controller card.

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
It is so you can install the card into the controlling PC and not need separate box. If you look closely at the PCI card edge, most of the contacts aren't actually connected to anything. The handful of contacts with connections are just ground, 3.3V and 5V. You still need to connect USB and HDMI with a short cable on the outside of the PC.

The PCIe version will be similiar setup.

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
That makes sense. Thanks guys :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf