Author Topic: Info on Intel P87C521  (Read 2631 times)

Offline StonentTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Info on Intel P87C521
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:20:16 pm »
I've recently come across a few 40 pin DIPs with the following on them:

P87c521
L1027a327
Intel ©1980

From what I can tell they are an 8 bit Microcontroller, but my quest for a data sheet has come up short.
Every site I've found that claims to have a data sheet wants money for me to see it.  I would have thought Intel would have something but searching their site for p87c521 doesn't pull up anything.

Is anyone here familiar with this chip, what its specs are (ram/rom/fuses/sram/clock speed) or does anyone know where I can find a real data sheet or am I just stuck having to pay some third party which to me doesn't seem legit since they're distributing a document written by Intel?
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Info on Intel P87C521
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:42:55 pm »
Its an 8051 based microcontroller:
http://www.ryston.cz/pdf5/87541.pdf

I recognize the urge to find some use for it but in the end your time is better spend on something more up-to-date.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline StonentTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »
256 Bytes of RAM? OUTSTANDING!  I think I'll get started on porting Linux to it right now!  :-DD
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »
You can fly to the moon on 256 bytes of ram............

Or at least do a good small controller with it.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 01:00:44 am »
256 Bytes of RAM? OUTSTANDING!  I think I'll get started on porting Linux to it right now!  :-DD
any os needing more than a few bytes of ram for its i ternal housekeeping is bloatware!

The 8052 is very easy to make a multitasked , pre-emptive microkernel with a hundred bytes of code and 10 bytes of ram. The cpu has 4 registerbanks. You assign the kernel to 1 bank , and up to three processes each their own bank. You use a hardware timerto trigger a high priority interrupt that kicks in the kernel. The kernel saves two or three registers in the process page and does a contaxt swap.

Very easy to do. Since each program lives in its own bank there is no risk of ome process killing another.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf