Author Topic: Info on reset code for LCD Controller ILI9881C  (Read 1549 times)

Online vaualbusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Info on reset code for LCD Controller ILI9881C
« on: February 07, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »
Is not happening a lot but i think i need your help guys.
I'm designing an display system for telemetry for a project in my university.
I've developed a lot of code and tested it on dev board and now is the time to switch to real panel.
The LCDis drive by MIPI/DSi interface across two lane and is the following model: TL070HDV03CT which have a controller ic called ILI9881C, for my micro I use a STM769, a "beast" that have a two lane dsi controller inside.
Now my big question is I have read the controller datasheet but can't figured out what are the command that I have to send to them for reset it.
There is a tone of command I don't think that all are necessary.
Can somebody take a look at the datasheet and give me some suggestion?
I write data to the display by DSI but the display is not set in command mode but in video mode, or how is called, basiclly I'm sending the entire framebuffer from ram to the display.
I was able to contact the seller of the display and she give me some code but I can't use it because in their example they are using a DSI  chip interface for converting from rgb to dsi and send command to the ic, an SD2825, via SPI.
Now I have no idea if that reset code for the display would work in my configuration, and I doupt it.

So the display is a 1280x720 display. I can get it to work at 30fps using my micro (60fps would require 4 lane dsi), but I can't figured out the timing I need.
I mean what is the hsyn, vsync, hporc, vporch paramaters for the display? They are not write in the datasheet. Given is a 720p there is some standard for that?

Thanks, for your help,
Alberto.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf