Author Topic: Integrating FreeRTOS+Trace  (Read 2193 times)

Offline EuphylliaTopic starter

Integrating FreeRTOS+Trace
« on: June 11, 2015, 01:12:13 pm »
I've inherited a FreeRTOS project running on a Microblaze softcore and I'm trying to get the FreeRTOS+Trace functionality to work.

I've followed the instructions here: http://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Plus/FreeRTOS_Plus_Trace/RTOS_Trace_Instructions.shtml and my project won't compile. The offending item seems to be the #include for the trcKernelPort.h file at the end of FreeRTOSConfig.h. With the #include for trcKernelPort.h a recompile throws a bajillion errors such as:

c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/sys/types.h:263: Error: unknown opcode "typedef"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/sys/types.h:264: Error: unknown opcode "typedef"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:50: Error: unknown opcode "typedef"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:55: Error: unknown opcode "typedef"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:171: Error: unknown opcode "file"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:172: Error: unknown opcode "char"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:173: Error: unknown opcode "int"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:174: Error: unknown opcode "int"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:175: Error: unknown opcode "file"
c:\xilinx\14.7\ise_ds\edk\gnu\microblaze\nt\bin\../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.6.4/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/stdio.h:176: Error: unknown opcode "void"

Any ideas as to what I'm breaking? Thanks for any help.

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
Re: Integrating FreeRTOS+Trace
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 01:53:05 pm »
At a guess ...

"Also depending on the port and development environment it may be necessary to use the pre-processor to prevent the configuration file from being included from assembly files. For example, in IAR this can be done as follows..."

http://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Plus/FreeRTOS_Plus_Trace/RTOS_Trace_Instructions.shtml

#ifndef __ASSEMBLER__ might work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:57:20 pm by Marco »

Offline EuphylliaTopic starter

Re: Integrating FreeRTOS+Trace
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 02:14:57 pm »
Yep that got it! Still a few compile problems to hunt down but that fixed the main issue. Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf