Author Topic: Is there a gui type programmer for Raspberrypt for arduino type stuff?  (Read 972 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
I have an Arduino made it do things. I got it to work mainly copy and pasting code.

I bought a raspberry pi thinking it would be easier to use it I/o since it is a computer after all. I'm trying to avoid learning python not so much laziness but if I am going to spend the time I think the Arduino and C is much more useful.

Is there a way to use the pi's I/o in a gui type fashion like GNU radio? All the pi programs I found are like little kid stuff which you would think would be even easier to learn but it makes the pi a pretty useless toy.

I don't have a specific task in mind but a start would be:
if/else input/outputs- If pinX goes high turn on pinY or timer functions to turn on relays.

Or more complex things like if pinX goes high send a text message through the internet. I saw a project where an Arduino can send a text to your phone if a door opens. Its a really cool project but it is at the limits of my abilities (not the electronics but the software and libraries)

A great project would be taking the pie and connecting it up to multiple sensors to monitor your house through an app on your phone. Monitor doors door bell and have one audio and video camera. I know this has been done but is there a way to do this where you don't have to be a programmer? Seems like the pi should be the ultimate Arduino> I bought both thinking the Arduino would be too hard and too limited, I was wrong, but now I own about five. I have two pi's but all they seem to be good for is cheap stand alone internet browsers.

Another project that someone already thought of (but never got to work from what I read) would be to plug a SDR dongle into it and put the pi up in a tree directly connected to the antenna or somewhere you couldn't run a big length a coax to. Then control HD sdr or some program remotely, kind of like how the indian scammers control your computer in those youtube videos. Preferably do this with the internet to listen to SDR remotely when not home or without the internet just over wifi or some other means.

Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline nfmax

• Super Contributor
Node-RED should do exactly what you want. It's included in the Raspbian distribution, though the version is bit old.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf