Author Topic: Lattice Diamond under Linux  (Read 1857 times)

Offline mastercylinderTopic starter

Lattice Diamond under Linux
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
Hi guys,

I am a newb here, so go easy on me.  I see there are a couple of other semi-orphan posts about Diamond on this forum, but no real answers. I'm messing around with a MachXO board to try and do a proof of concept system. I was trying to get the system up and running on Linux, but the license fails on my bleeding edge OpenSUSE tumbleweed distro. I can't get support out of them (I am not using a company email), but their license admin says the license is correct.  It seems to be quite poorly constructed software under Linux - all the .so files in the bin folder... Does not inspire confidence...

Just wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue and solved it?

Thanks
-Andrew

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Lattice Diamond under Linux
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:06:26 pm »
The license is tied to the MAC of the eth0, maybe the interface is called something else like in fedora ? (It used to work well at least on CentOS...)

Offline wd5gnr

• Regular Contributor
Re: Lattice Diamond under Linux
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:43:09 pm »
I've had this problem as well. There are a variety of issues with installing on Linux. The problem is it looks for eth0 and that's it. So you wind up having to make a fake eth0, giving it a mac, and then licensing that fake mac.

There are a few ways to do this: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/73938-activating-on-linux-without-eth0

Last time I did it, I did it with tun:
tunctl -t eth0
ip link set dev eth0 address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

There are some other hiccups and I solved most of them here: http://hackaday.com/2015/08/27/learning-verilog-for-fpgas-hardware-at-last/
TL;DR:
Sign up problems, Bad tar file, MAC address issue, and then finally some of the software was RPM so I quit and went to open source tools ;-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf