Author Topic: Lattice Semi: Write only tech support?  (Read 2171 times)

Offline mubesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
Lattice Semi: Write only tech support?
« on: June 08, 2017, 11:25:23 pm »
A year or so back I tried to get the Dev suite for the iCE40 running but had troubles getting a licence file configured. I mailed the company but didn't hear back and it fell off the radar.

I decided to have another punt, with similar licence troubles. I've emailed to lic_admn@latticesemi.com a couple of times now and haven't heard anything back...can anyone suggest a better route in...or suggest what I might have done to make them ignore me? I'll probably end up using the icestorm tools anyway (it's a fun project, not a work one), but that doesn't make the chips cheaper so it would be nice to at least get an answer from their support folks....

Thanks for any help ....

Dave

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
Re: Lattice Semi: Write only tech support?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:43 am »
I did this for a lower end FPGA board of theirs.
It was for the free version (Diamond 3.9 64 bit), which they seem to insist is LOCKED to my Ethernet's id number (MAC address), so I used the automated thing (on their website and by supplying my MAC address) to get the licence file emailed to me, put it in the right place, and it seems to be working fine now.

Having to first register on their website was also a nuisance, which had warnings that filling it out wrong in some place(s) would mess things up. But fortunately I seemed to do it correctly.
I've NOT needed to contact their support (yet).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:53:17 am by MK14 »

Elf

Offline mubesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 06:54:04 pm »
I have no problem with registering, or them getting a MAC address, but the stuff needs to work thereafter....or at least support me when it doesn't. Why do refined sand sellers make getting software and firmware so difficult? It just makes it less likely we'll be buying _their_ refined sand...

Offline anovickis

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30:02 pm »
find the FAE for your area, and have them visit you or call them
small projects tend to grow up and sell parts

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf