Author Topic: LUPA300 image sensor...  (Read 1747 times)

Offline drhalftoneTopic starter

LUPA300 image sensor...
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:46:53 am »
I'm trying to interface an FPGA to a LUPA300 just like David Kronstein to get 250 fps video, but I just can't get a useable image.  Does anyone have any experience/success interfacing with this image sensor?

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
Re: LUPA300 image sensor...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:01:46 pm »
What about saying more about your design - both HW and FPGA internals. This way you are basically asking for almost ready to use design being handed out.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »
We're using a micro zed board with Xilinx zynq-7000 processor and a GPIO break-out carrier card from Avnet.  We've built a PCB that hosts the LUPA-300 according to the documentation provided by OnSemi and plugs directly into the break-out carrier card.  I think we are leaving the LUPA's registers alone and relying on their default values.  We get a clean line valid signal and everything seems to match the timing diagrams provided by OnSemi, again in the documentation.  Now without changing any default values in the registers, I would expect to get a decent image with smooth shades of gray with some fixed pattern noise, but I certainly wouldn't expect the video we are getting.  So do I have some sort of analog biasing voltage issue or is this something in my FPGA code or are there some register values I need to set?

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 04:35:33 pm »
Default as uploaded by some reference design, or default as on power reset of the sensor? In second case, you absolutelly have to follow the recommended registers upload sequence as specified in additional onsemi docu (under NDA). It is actually amazing you are getting anything out, as the sensor PLL is not even running correctly.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 04:39:02 pm »
The only documentation I have is what's publicly available online.  What additional documentation is there and how to do I get it? 

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 04:58:38 pm »
I was working with Python & Vita family of sensors thinking they were really close, but after a fast glimpse over the datasheet, this sensor seems simpler and documented in more details in the public datasheet. You should be able to pull it off even with just that in hand.

Without any cues on the design, there is not much anyone can do to help you. Please post any relevant documentation (schematic, RTL, scope snapshots) of the design and what you already tried to debug it.

Go ask your onsemi sales representative of choice for signing the NDA and request the appnotes and further documentation (if there is any - should be).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf