Author Topic: MSP-EXP430F5529 as ISP  (Read 1541 times)

Offline ConnoiseurTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
MSP-EXP430F5529 as ISP
« on: September 28, 2015, 02:59:42 pm »
Hello everyone!

I sincerely apologise if this is a repost, and would be thankful if someone points me to the thread.

Quite a few time back I received an MSP-EXP430F5529 experimenter board as a gift. I am not familiar with MSP430 devices but know about AVR (both in Arduino and embedded c). I was wondering if the experimenter board can be used as an ISP just as Arduino is used for AVR devices. I have seen an Instructable that shows the same for Launchpad.http://www.instructables.com/id/EASY-MSP430-LaunchPad-ISP-with-only-4-wires/
I have a few MSP430F249 and MSP430AFE253 lying around and I'm itching to do something with them but not in a hurry to buy the expensive MSPFET programmer.

Any relevant information will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: MSP-EXP430F5529 as ISP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 03:17:14 pm »
That is perfectly possible, as mentioned in section 4.3 of its User's Guide. Check table 1 for SBW and UART pinouts.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline ConnoiseurTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: MSP-EXP430F5529 as ISP
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 07:25:11 am »
That is perfectly possible, as mentioned in section 4.3 of its User's Guide. Check table 1 for SBW and UART pinouts.

Thanks for the help. Finally I was able to upload programs to my MSP430 device.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf