Author Topic: Need advice on HX711 calibration  (Read 1669 times)

Offline muthukural001Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Need advice on HX711 calibration
« on: February 01, 2018, 02:25:08 pm »
Hello All,

Its too early to ask about the calibration since I haven't done any real time weight meaurements. But, I want to know how it is.Well, I have done on chip System Zero sacle calibration and System full scale calibration when I worked with AD7124 by setting the respective registes .But, it seems to be HX711 has no onchip calibration feature and I don't know that how to apply calibration coefficient with the measured values in the firmware. I am using HX711 for load cell which have 1.987 mV/V with the max weight being 10 Kg.It would be helpful if anybody share some points.

Regards,
Muthu

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
Re: Need advice on HX711 calibration
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 03:15:07 pm »
Here is some information on how to use the HX711 ADC with a load cell plus some example code for Arduino:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/load-cell-amplifier-hx711-breakout-hookup-guide

Basically you need to measure the zero reading and then place a known weight to the load cell, and then get the reading for the calibration weight. From the zero reading and the calibration reading you can calculate the calibration coefficient. You can store the calibration coefficient into the Arduino's EEPROM memory. From time to time you may want to validate the calibration using the calibration weight, and update the calibration coefficient if needed.

Offline muthukural001Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need advice on HX711 calibration
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:45:48 pm »
Hi Kalvin,
Thank you.I will do as you said. Since boards are not in our hand, I could not test it. I will ask if I face any problem while testing.

Regards,
Muthu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf